Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Opinions Please!!!

I posted about wanting to have a brother/sister dance about a week ago, and I think I've settled on a song, but I want opinions on it. For those of you who didn't see the original post, here's the situation.

My 13 year old brother will be giving me away, since I do not have a father figure that I wish to be present, and we will be doing a brother/sister dance in place of a father/daughter dance. I'd been looking for a song to dance to, and I think I've settled on "only you could love me this way" by keith urban.

Problem is, this song was written as a love song, between a couple. I see it as a beautiful love song to anyone that you love, that you "found", and that's how him and I met, I didn't meet him until he was about 6, and I actually wound up raising him for several years. I put my life on hold for several years to make sure he was ok when Dad dumped him at my door, and there are many people that think that I should have just sent him to foster care, rather than take him in myself, but I wouldn't have traded that time for anything, even though I might have had a better life. I think the "Only you can love me this way" is significant, because him and I have a bond that's a mixture between brother/sister and mother/son. (I'm the only "mother" he's ever known"

So, what I'm wondering is, if you know the situation, which all of our guests do, would you understand the meaning, or would it be creepy/tacky? 

Thanks!!!

Re: Opinions Please!!!

• Options
    I love the song but just looked up the lyrics before I posted just to be sure : ) Knowing the situation I don't think song would be creepy or tacky, the lyrics are really nice for this situation.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards