Ohio-Northeast
Options

HELP Getting married in 9 days!!

I just realized I really have no decorations for my ceremony site which is the Winery at Wolf Creek..... Is that OK? I have one simple vase with a snowball hydranga per table, no linnen, and nothing else. It's only for close family (30) and then we are going to our home recepton with friends. But do I need to think of bringing grape vines and something to dress up the placed hors dorves table?

My wedding theme, if you call it onem is very natural, outdodors, nature etc. All of my decorations for my home reception came out of our yard.

Need to hear your thoughts!!  Should I let it go or add something else to my to do list?
Leanne

Re: HELP Getting married in 9 days!!

• Options
    l337Jacquil337Jacqui member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    unless this is something you could easily do (like go to the craft store and pick up floral decorations you like real quick) i would let it go. people wont remember a grape vine, they will remember how beautiful you look! :)

good luck with whatever you decide! :D
    jacqui + erik 7.10.10
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    **Planning Bio**

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp. It sounds like your location is all you need. If you want to add something, maybe a few candles here and there to add some simple sparkle would be nice, but certainly not necessary. If you want to add a bit of color via linens, I'd just pick up maybe a runner or two (if you have a color in mind) to add. It doesn't sound like you need much. The grapevine or maybe even some silk ivy (if you see some that looks ok) may be a nice added touch.

If you choose not to add anything though, that's totally fine. When you think about the amount of time guests will be spending at the ceremony vs. reception, you don't need to get all crazy for the ceremony.

Good luck and have a great wedding day!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    JoeyOzJoeyOz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone else.  It's not necessary but if it'll make you feel better, go for it.  I didn't decorate the church we got married in at all.  The church was pretty enough it didn't need decorations!  I only decorated the reception hall.  I'm sure yours will be the same - the winery and the scenery will be pretty enough that there's no real need to decorate.  I'm sure it will be gorgeous as it is!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards