Illinois-Southern Illinois

Outdoor wedding venue in southern il

Im trying to fine an outdoor wedding venue that is not to far from our reception site which is Dubois il. I'm having a hard time finding a place that will host only the ceremony and not the reception any information would be appreciated!!!

Re: Outdoor wedding venue in southern il

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-southern-illinois_outdoor-wedding-venue-in-southern-il?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:618Discussion:733f2012-7f61-4be4-9935-99a5db6b4977Post:7648c047-cb49-49e4-a3f4-4052bfde4e08">Outdoor wedding venue in southern il</a>:<div>Sportsblast in c'dale is building a wedding garden.  It should be ready in a few weeks. They don't require you to use their site for the reception, either
    <a href="http://www.theweddinggarden.net/" rel="nofollow">http://www.theweddinggarden.net/</a>
    [QUOTE]Im trying to fine an outdoor wedding venue that is not to far from our reception site which is Dubois il. I'm having a hard time finding a place that will host only the ceremony and not the reception any information would be appreciated!!!
    Posted by Nichole1987[/QUOTE]

</div>
  • edited December 2012
    The Edition at 315 in Anna, Illinois is a great facility that offers indoor and outdoor wedding and recptions options. They are in Southern Illinois and are located on 50 rolling acres. The event center is a Tudor Style home with a spacious covered deck, ceremony spot over lake, main hall with 3 firelpaces and a English style bar. You can chose your vedor or use their handy Bride-to-Be guide to get you started. The even offer a honeymoon cabin for an overnight stay!
  • Having lived in Southern Illinois all my life, and knowing where Dubois is in relation to the rest of what's out there, it might be a little tough to find someplace that's not an hour or more drive from there. I don't know ALL the great spots out there, but I do know the majority of them are going to be centered around Marion / Carbondale and a 50-mile or so radius around there, or in St. Louis. 

There are a bunch of great wineries down around Carbondale, and the great thing is it's a straight shot up Route 51 to get from one of those to Dubois. You're just going to be looking at a 30-40 mile drive that will take a little under or over an hour from one place to the other. South of Carbondale you've also got an geographic environment that's extremely scenic and picturesque in general. 

A lot of people use Blue Sky Vineyards in Makanda as a wedding spot. It's a gorgeous italianate tuscan style winery with banquet facilities, but also a nice place to have the ceremony outdoors. Walker's Bluff is also a nice location that's being built up into not only a winery, but a fine-dining restaurant, camping site with cabins, and a number of other things. They have built an underground wine cave with tunnels and what-not that would be an awesome space to hold a "subterranean" wedding, so to speak. There's a portal window in the top of the main room where sunlight pours in.

There are endless places I could go on about. I don't have my venue handbook in front of me, but if you'd like to PM or email me, I could get some more information later on.
  • Having lived in Southern Illinois all my life, and knowing where Dubois is in relation to the rest of what's out there, it might be a little tough to find someplace that's not an hour or more drive from there. I don't know ALL the great spots out there, but I do know the majority of them are going to be centered around Marion / Carbondale and a 50-mile or so radius around there, or in St. Louis. 

There are a bunch of great wineries down around Carbondale, and the great thing is it's a straight shot up Route 51 to get from one of those to Dubois. You're just going to be looking at a 30-40 mile drive that will take a little under or over an hour from one place to the other. South of Carbondale you've also got an geographic environment that's extremely scenic and picturesque in general. 

A lot of people use Blue Sky Vineyards in Makanda as a wedding spot. It's a gorgeous italianate tuscan style winery with banquet facilities, but also a nice place to have the ceremony outdoors. Walker's Bluff is also a nice location that's being built up into not only a winery, but a fine-dining restaurant, camping site with cabins, and a number of other things. They have built an underground wine cave with tunnels and what-not that would be an awesome space to hold a "subterranean" wedding, so to speak. There's a portal window in the top of the main room where sunlight pours in.

There are endless places I could go on about. I don't have my venue handbook in front of me, but if you'd like to PM or email me, I could get some more information later on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards