Moms and Maids

Priscilla of Boston style 1603 BM dresses

Can anyone please tell me what they think of this dress for my BMs for an indoor wedding at the end of August.

http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=2&sfid=51249#

Thanks!

Re: Priscilla of Boston style 1603 BM dresses

• edited December 2011
    I was thinking of the same for my girls! I like it. :) What color? And, do you know how much it is? I've tried on gowns there, but didn't check out the BM dresses in person.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Charcoal grey. Do you think it works for an indoor wedding though. I love it too. It is listed as between 150-250 but I'm going to find out exactly how much today. Will post when I know.
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE IT!!!!
    I think those dresses are VERY classy! Great choice!

I went with a knee length Alfred Sung dress for my girls, but I've mixed the majestic purple into a fall theme with the oranges etc.
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those dresses are really pretty! My only question is if your girls have big chests. Every dress I try to wear with any type of anything hanging around my girls always looks REALLY strange...if they're all relatively tiny like that model though, I think it'd work!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's alright for an indoor wedding (what are your other options?), but agree with PP that the fit may be difficult. That was one concern I had when looking at the dress as well - 4 of my BMs are thin but two are curvier. I suppose you'd want them to try them on first.
  • edited December 2011
    I have priscilla of boston dresses for my wedding and I love them! I could not of been happier with priscillas they stayed on top of everything and my dresses came out GREAT! My dresses which were are the same lenght were 185, I think its a great price and as much as everyone says this you really can wear that dress again! Its just a cute cocktail lenght dress!
    Happy... that is all!
  • edited December 2011
    I would be careful...if you have bigger girls or big busted girls they are going to look like they just got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around them.  It's a hard look for a nonmodel figure.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your responses everyone. I absolutely love this dress but have wondered about the towel comparism. Two of the girls are thin and two are curvy but with moderate bust lines. My other option is this.

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6587/?color=platinum&colorid=64

But it doesn't go as nicely with my easy breezy theme but I'm running out of time to order, so can't keep looking.
  • edited December 2011
    I found it the 1603 somewhere for $188 btw
  • edited December 2011
    That dress is absolutely beautiful but I really doubt that it will look good on everyone. Trust me I've been there - My BMs are all different shapes and sizes and it was a pain trying to find something that would look great on everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards