Attire & Accessories Forum

Vote For My Colors

2»

Re: Vote For My Colors

• i really want pink and purple (hot pink and a deep purple) but my mum keeps getting me to try to change the colour...  help ... i keep getting the flowers wont match etc
  • Your wedding's on my birthyda!! But I like the magenta color combo! Just me though
    Anniversary
  • Put mom in eggplant since it make both of you happy and she can even wear gold jewelry but if you keep getting drawn to option one it is going to be what makes you most happy!  It sounds like you and your mom are really close and I am sure that she above all just wants you to be happy!
  • Personally, I think the eggplant and gold scheme seems much more sophisticated than the three-color option.  Perhaps that can help you decide which way to go?  If you want to give a more formal or elegant effect, I would choose the eggplant and gold (and I do like the suggestion of incorporating small bits of the blue and magenta into flowers and smaller items...easy way to sneak in something you love and get extra pops of color). 

However, if you want your wedding vibe to be more fun and hip and exciting I would opt for a combination of the three, just maybe not with three different dress colors.  (Different dress colors, especially when there's more than two, always seem very disjointed to me)  Maybe you could choose the purple or blue dress and just have flowers, accessories, shoes, etc. infused with lots of pink?
  • I voted for Number 1 also.  I love bright colors!  If you go with number 1 I would probably tone down the magenta.  I am having black aqua and magenta, however, I know that not everyone loves the brightness as much as I do...so my BM are wearing black dresses with an aqua sash, and we are having magenta in the flowers along with white, light pink, yellow and a touch or orange.  I am getting married in the spring though...so maybe you could just do the magenta, cornflower and white in your flowers and have eggplant dresses...
    Birthday
  • I love love love the eggplant, magenta, and cornflower!!! I would totally use the colors myself, except for the fact that my FI said no "pink" AND "purple" Crazy boys! And when I had my knot magazine, those exact pages caught my eye too...I even tore them out :) Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards