Florida-South Florida

Cannot find my perfect venue, suggestions ??

I have spent hours upon hours looking for my perfect romantic wedding venue and all I've gotten are the same stuffy and dark reception halls that I refuse to be married in. I've even looked at houses for nightly rental, most are stunning and affordable, but being as south Florida gets clumped in the "beach wedding" category everything is too small a backyard for my 100-150 guest list. If anyone has been in this situation, you know how frustrating it can be. I am looking for a romantic space. Trees, outdoors would be ideal and if I had to do an inside venue I'd want blank slate, industrial looking, so I can make everything unique to us and our dream wedding. Any suggestions on venues would be helpful !
Thank you!

Re: Cannot find my perfect venue, suggestions ??

• Do you have a location you would prefer?
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Congratulations! 

If you are looking at Miami look at the Ancient Spanish Monastery... absolutely magical gardens, beautiful cloisters. There is nothing with more charm and character- great combo of indoors and out!  www.ancientspanishmonastery.com This is in North Miami Beach.

If you want to do indoors and can stay South then look at Holy Rosary Cathollic Church... It is no longer a church- they combined with St. Richards Parish, and now the building that housed Holy Rosary Church is a banquet facily and parishners go to mass at St. Richards. IHoly Rosary is  super roomy, tall tall ceilings, completely blank slate, has built in projectors and screens in case you want to have a slide show. It does come with tables and chairs and has beautiful gardens for cocktail hour and you can't beat the free parking for your guests since this has the former church parking and the school parking as well.

We were seriously considering Holy Rosary for my daughter's September 2013 but then she saw the monastery.  She loved it so much that she moved her wedding to early March 2014 so she could have a comfortable (as far as temperature) outdoor reception.

Hope that helps!
  • i would have to second the monastery ... ive done a wedding there, and it is beyond beautiful. only thing is, they book well in advance, so be aware of that if you want to put them on your list of potential venues. :)
  • Not sure where you are looking but in West Palm beach they have the lake pavillion on flager, its a stand alone building and a third of it is floor to ceiling glass windows that look out on the intercostal. Its definitly a blank slate but  its nice to not be closed inside :)
  • Not sure what county you are looking for nor the time of the year (summer days/nights are brutal), here are some suggestions:
    - The Jackie Gleason Theater (Miami-Dade)
    - The Art Deco Welcome Center (Miami Beach) - It's a blank space but with a lot of promise
    - The Spanish Monestary (North Miami Beach)
    - Villa 221 (Miami-Dade)
    - Parrot Jungle in Watson Island: It has beautiful garden areas and the food is great
    - The Spanish River Library (Boca): Love, love the rooftop
    - The Ronald W. Shane Center (Miami Beach) - It's a blank space with a lot of promise
    - whiteSPACE...the name speaks for itself, lol (Dania Beach)
    - MAPS Stuido (Miami-Dade)
    - Soho Studios at the Wynwood Convention Center (Miami-Dade)
    - The Bonnet House (Broward)
    - Miami Beach Botanical Gardens

Good Luck!
    -
  • There's a place in Cutler Bay called the Palmetto Bay village center, it was formerly the Burger King Corp building and has amazing views of the bay. It's pretty affordable and you can bring in your own catering and stuff so it makes it totally up to you how much your wedding will cost.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • MeggisMeggis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I, like you, really had a hard time narrowing down a venue.  The places I loved were all out of my price range or too small.  I really wanted Bonnett House, but our wedding is in September, so that would have been unbearibly hot.  I decided on the Westin at 95 and Cypress Creek.  The hotel is modern and the room is too.  Its underlying colors are all muted tones so it is very much a blank slate.  I am going to use uplighting and drapping to make it into what I want.  Also the lady, Diane Moran, is fabulous.  I really liked her instantly and she really has done a great job in making me feel very at ease with the whole process.  We even had to change our date, and she was like, "no problem!"  If you go see her, tell her Megan M. sent you.  :)
  • <div>This list is awesome! Thank you!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_cannot-find-my-perfect-venue-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:01a804d6-6243-44c7-a213-b749563c92c0Post:173ecc97-103d-4f2b-a288-f0c6f856f387">Re: Cannot find my perfect venue, suggestions ??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not sure what county you are looking for nor the time of the year (summer days/nights are brutal), here are some suggestions: - The Jackie Gleason Theater (Miami-Dade) - The Art Deco Welcome Center (Miami Beach) - It's a blank space but with a lot of promise - The Spanish Monestary (North Miami Beach) - Villa 221 (Miami-Dade) - Parrot Jungle in Watson Island: It has beautiful garden areas and the food is great - The Spanish River Library (Boca): Love, love the rooftop - The Ronald W. Shane Center (Miami Beach) - It's a blank space with a lot of promise - whiteSPACE...the name speaks for itself, lol (Dania Beach) - MAPS Stuido (Miami-Dade) - Soho Studios at the Wynwood Convention Center (Miami-Dade) - The Bonnet House (Broward) - Miami Beach Botanical Gardens Good Luck! -
    Posted by Mademoiselle D[/QUOTE]
  • I just checked out The Cooper Estate for my wedding in Feb.  ITS ROMANTIC< SECLUDED (MAYBE A BIT TOO MUCH)... and exotic.  price is CHEAP!  chek it out.. i think youll like my recommendation - sounds liek your doing a wedding similar to mine ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards