Favors
Options

Magnet Favors?

My Fiance and I are on a tight budget as we are paying for the whole wedding ourselves. So, I have been trying to come up with a great favor, but not spend a lot of money and not do the traditional "candy in a bag" idea. Vistaprint.com does these adorable photo magnets for a very reasonable price. Would this be a good favor idea? I have created one on their website with one of our engagement pictures and it reads, "Thank you for sharing our special day" then states our name and wedding date. Any feedback on these would be great!

Re: Magnet Favors?

• Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd throw it away. Edible favors are your best bet. Cookies in a CD sleeve are easy, inexpensive, cute, and yummy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think that would have been cute as save the dates....
    i had chocolate dipped oreos and decorated the tins they were in....

if you can see the little tins on the table.....thats what they were....and heres the top....

and the side....

and we also did bubbles instead of rice.....that way its a favor too ;) 

these were both fairly easy to make since i did them myself and they are very cheap! :)

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. If I got a magnet, I would just throw it away probably before I even left the venue. I think edible is the way to go. Just buy some M&M's (maybe in your wedding colors) and get the small organza tie bags and put the candy in there. Then just place them at everyone's table setting. I don't think that would be too exspensive. GL!
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using magnets as favors, but they are curling stone magnets (to go along with our theme) and are not personalized at all. Also, the people we are inviting are close to us and we know they would all love the magnets. 

I would caution against doing a personalized magnet, because a lot of people don't want to have a magnet with a couple's faces on it (excpet maybe your family). Either go with something generic or go with chocolate! You can't beat edible favors...

I agree that the magnets would have been cute STDs.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_magnet-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:df5b56d7-fa42-4981-8035-65466aad84a7Post:8c7b2c66-1a44-402a-a1a4-7dc4c2a7d970">Magnet Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Fiance and I are on a tight budget as we are paying for the whole wedding ourselves. So, I have been trying to come up with a great favor, but not spend a lot of money and not do the traditional "candy in a bag" idea. Vistaprint.com does these adorable photo magnets for a very reasonable price. Would this be a good favor idea? I have created one on their website with one of our engagement pictures and it reads, <strong>"Thank you for sharing our special day" then states our name and wedding date. Any feedback on these would be great!</strong>
    Posted by sarmamfar[/QUOTE]

Honestly I think only your parents and grandparents would use this favor.
    You can always skip the favor, they are not required.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Either skip the favor or go with something edible.
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I collect magnets so I probably wouldn't throw it away.

I am doing a few different favors, crazy I know, I didn't start out like that but that is how it happened.

In one of my VP orders I had room for another free item I made a magnet with one of our e-pics, put our name and date on it and added at the bottom... "I went to this wedding and all I got was this magnet."

I doubt I will put them out. I might hand deliver them to a few friends I know will get a kick out of. Mostly I did it because it cracked me up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really believe that favors are more about adorning the table and adding to the experience of being there, at that moment, then being a valued treasure that people are expected to keep. I think brides put too much pressure on themselves to create something everybody will save and guests just end up feeling guilty when they toss it or yard sale it. If you are doing favors at all, I suggest you focus on the yum-factor and how pretty it looks on the table. = )
    Favors & Event Accessories | majestystudios.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards