October 2012 Weddings

Health and Fitness update!

How are you ladies doing this week?

I'm doing ok.  I keep bouncing around 185 to 188...  I went to the gym last night for the first time in over a week.  I felt good and want to go tonight, then line dancing!  Then it's painting all weekend.  I should have buff arms after that!

After I move, I want to start attending the WW meetings near my new house.  Maybe that's what I need...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my 2012 shelf:
Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)

Re: Health and Fitness update!

• acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I actually just joined WW online yesterday. I've been doing well in terms of motivation on my own, but I'm not seeing the results I want. So, I've been great about getting to the gym-- still no running,  back back on the StepMill!-- and now I'm learning all about WW points. I'm hoping it goes well this week!
    Photobucket
  • Acwm - the website makes it really easy... I like the tracker and you can make meals up you have a lot (like breakfast for me).  There's a lot of girls that go to WW on my local board so if you have q?s I can ask them.  They are really helpful!  I want to start trying of the recipes on the website or get the new cookbook.  I have the old pts cookbooks and found some yummy ides.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I'm doing well this week.  Yesterday was my day off so I got 1.5 hours in at the gym, not to mention cleaning the house.

I did WW a year ago and lost 15 lbs. (I didn't have much to lose)  It really is a great program.  I just struggled with the last 5 lbs. so I quit and lost the weight; then I got a house and put it right back on.  That's what I'm struggling with currently.

Keep up the good work ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    October 2012 Siggy Challenge: My Furbaby
  • acwmacwm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Mana, thanks for the info! I will definitely pass along any questions to you. I think even just tracking what I eat will help me. I eat pretty well generally, but I think in my mind the fact that I eat well lets me fall WAY off the wagon too often. (I ate a salad today? Absolutely I can have fries and a dessert and several huge beers!... Yeah, I don't think that mindset is helping me at all.)

I didn't know they had a cookbook-- I've looked at some of the recipes on the site and I will definitely be trying some of them.
    Photobucket
  • so far so good!

im really happy cause starting sunday  i actually put my foot down and said "im gonna be serious about this starting now!" and today i was just curious so i weighed myself and so far down 1lb Smile  cant wait to see how it is on sunday
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Ashlie - I'm glad to hear it works!  wow and hour and a half at the gym?!  I was proud of my 50 mins haha.  I need to start back ST when I add that I'll be there longer.  It helps that if I hit the gym I miss all the rush hour traffic around it.  Instead of 50 mins to get home it's 20.

Acwm - I got the cookbook when it was just points.  I wasn't on WW but wanted healthy recipes.  But it was a little pricey to made some of it (but it's a lot of fresh veggies...).  I just saw the new cookbook for points plus at walmart for like $20.  I like having the cook so I can read it while cooking instead of bring the laptop in the kitchen.  And the new book is more of a binder so it lays flat etc.  Maybe I'll splurge and get it for a house warming present to myself haha!

Irish - YAY 1 pound!  I'll have to find this poem I found about 1 pound... FOUND IT!

One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
    I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---

It makes me giggle but also happy when i lose 1 pound!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • I'm down one pound this week : ) It's not much, but I'll take any loss!

Mana- that poem is cute lol

Keep up the good work ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Well, this hasn't been my best week as far as staying away from sweets and eating healthier, but I did do some excercising tonight, so I guess that's one small step in the right direction.
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • HAHA  that is he cutest poem lol
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Great work girls, I have been MIA b.c of work this week. I did pretty well this week. I have lost ONLY ONE POUND. hehe cute cute poem. I will never think of one pound the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards