Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

An Oldies but Goodies song for Father/Daughter dance?

I'm looking to surprise my father with an oldies song for our Father/Daughter dance. He raised me on the stuff and loves that and folk.

I was thinking "Hello Mary Lou" by Ricky Nelson because it's a constant song he'd play for me (maybe because I named a teddy bear Mary Lou), would this be too weird for a Father/Daughter dance?

Any other suggestions?

ETA: I know I don't consider them "oldies" but some do: The Beatles. I cannot have this, my dad hates them haha
November11 Siggy challenge: You and your fiance!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: An Oldies but Goodies song for Father/Daughter dance?

• edited December 2011

I cannot help you with your question, but where did/will you get your shoes?  Those are amazing!

Follow Me on Pinterest

• edited December 2011
    Haha no problem. I ordered them from David's Bridal:

Apparently, my sis bought them before and says that they're comfy. And that's saying a lot since my sis never wears heels.

• jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would mean so much to your father! I think it is a really good idea!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea if your dad finds it special too.  
  • edited December 2011
    I was unsure if the song would be "appropriate" for a father/daughter dance, but I'm leaning more and more towards using it. I think I will consult with my mom when she comes to visit :)

• redheadtmkredheadtmk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing is inappropriate if it has meaning to you and your father.   ok well maybe almost anything is innapropriate if it has meaning!
  • MarcyLTMarcyLT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I danced to "Take Good Care of My Baby" at my first wedding. We also considered "My Girl" and "Ain't Too Proud to Beg". Oldies are great!
    New Name, Old Nestie Blog: Career Girl Network
  • Nicolee11Nicolee11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm dancing to The Turtles "Happy Together" with my dad - it's not really a father daughter song, but we used to sing it to each other when I was a child, so it really is "our song".   Go with your heart and your best memories of you and your dad!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to "Because you loved me," by Celene Deon- I donno if you consider that an oldie or not. My FI is dancing with his mom to "God only knows" by the beach boys. But I like the song you mentioned, I think it would be really fun to dance toLaughing
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • kplessingkplessing member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Celine Dion wouldnt be considered an oldie ;)  My dad and I are dancing to My Girl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your a big girl now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards