Catholic Weddings

Prayers of the Faithful

So as we're getting more into the smaller details of the mass, FI and I realized we need to write our prayers of the faithful. Does anyone have theirs that they wouldn't mind sharing? I have a few, but I'm kind of drawing a blank and feel like the ones I'm writing are like the ones I used to write in grade school when our classes took turns planning all-school masses.

Help!

Re: Prayers of the Faithful

• I looked around on here before I wrote mine and "borrowed" some ideas from ladies that had older posts. Here are ours so far:

Please respond “Lord, hear our prayer.”

·         For Pope Benedict the XVI and the leaders of our Church, that they may lead us to deeper faith in God and a stronger love for others, we pray to the Lord.

·         For the family and friends gathered here today; may the love we witness bring us to greater unity, to greater joy, and to a deeper awareness of the ways we are blessed, we pray to the Lord.

·         For those who serve and have served in the Armed Forces, especially those in attendance today, that God will watch over them, give them comfort, and protect them from evil and harm, we pray to the Lord.

·         For those who have gone before us, yet whose love remains in our hearts, that they forever live in happiness with God, we pray to the Lord.

·         For Megan and Tim, joined now in marriage, that their love and commitment will grow every day, we pray to the Lord.

·         For all the special intentions we hold in our hearts, we pray to the Lord.

• edited November 2012

Here are ours. I wrote them myself with heavy inspiration from anything I could find via googling. I think they really reflect our values and priorities on top of being in line with Catholic teaching.

• For the Church, that it may reflect Christ’s message of loving your neighbor as yourself
    • For our nation and the local community, and for all who serve in our government, that they may be effective in achieving peace and justice in our communities and in our world.
    • For the poor, unemployed, sick, and all suffering members of society, that they may be strengthened by God and aided by their community
    • For those who have died, and for all those unable to join us today, that we remember them during this celebration.
    • For the families and friends of *BRIDE AND GROOM*, gathered here today, that they continue to support each other in times of need and times of rejoicing.
    • For the children of those here, and all children, that they might grow strong and happy in the light of their parents’ love
    • For the Lord’s abundant blessings on *BRIDE AND GROOM*, and for all those in loving relationships, that they may continue to give, to be able to forgive, and to find happiness deepen with the passing of every day
    • We pause now in silence to add our own intentions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards