DC
Options

DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?

Lisa50Lisa50 member
5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
If you've been keeping up recent posts, you know that LindsMullinix is passing along the "This Is Your Week" torch.  I will do my best to pick that torch up.  So ... in an effort to get to know a little about you, please share the following --

Wedding date
Wedding location (city, state)
Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between)
Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??)
What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?
What's your favorite DC restaurant?

Here are my answers:

Wedding date: July 3, 2011
Wedding location: Annapolis, MD
Ceremony type: Something in between
Why I post on the DC board:  I'm a native Washingtonian and love to pitch in (help) with info and insights on my hometown when needed.
Favorite DC sight seeing spot: The Lincoln Memorial, looking toward the Reflecting Pool
Favorite DC restaurant: Best local spot is Jordan's 8, Barracks Row (8th Street) on Capitol Hill

Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?

• Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date July 8, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state) Kent Island
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between) In between
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??) I'm born/bred in the area (DC/MoCo), and am a boater, so something along the water in this area was necessary.  I use the boards to get local ideas that I've not thought of and to give advise.
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? Monuments at night
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? Jaleo
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: 27 March 2011
    Wedding location (city, state): Washington, DC
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Religious
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): Live here and need tons of advice
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?: Anywhere without tourists :) Botanial Gardens next to the Capitol
    What's your favorite DC restaurant?: Chez Andree in Alexandria
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: April 2, 2011
    Wedding Location: Ceremony at Bayside Baptist Church in Calvert County;  Reception is at Londontown Historic Home and Gardens in Edgewater, MD
    Ceremony type: religious ceremony, great party afterwards
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board? LIve near DC, have grown up here and FI is from the DC area
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? Constitution Gardens
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? Asian Spice
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: April 30, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state): Charles County, MD
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Something in between...FI is not religious, I was raised in a religious family. Hoping to plan something that everyone feels comfortable with.
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): Born and bred in DC Metro Area and getting married here
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?: Definitely the museums and monuments. I never get tired of visiting the Mall.
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? McCormick & Schmick's
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: January 15, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state) Washington, DC
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between) Traditional Latin Mass (Catholic)
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??) I post here and there. I like the information that people have to share.
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? The National Mall, The Smithsonian ( you can never see everything!)
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? The Capital Grill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date 10-31-10!!!!
    Wedding location (city, state) Bluemont VA
    Ceremony type in between
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot - Georgetown for shopping
    What's your favorite DC restaurant N/A
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for taking over!

Wedding date: May 21, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state): New Orleans, LA
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Religious
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??) I live in DC
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? I love the capital
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? I know this is more of a "fast food" but i cant get enough of sweet green! ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:6ece30b6-05e1-4780-aa9d-709030004922">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for taking over! Posted by NOLAbrideinDC[/QUOTE]

You're welcome.  It's a nice way to get to know people and, although I post on the Second Weddings board a lot, I can feel this board will become more and more indispensable as "the date" gets closer.  Yay!

And ... looking at all of these fav restaurants are making me SO hungry.  Ha!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is already passed.  However, my son's is coming up:

Wedding date:  March 20, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state):  Rockwood Manor, Potomac, MD
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between):  Jewish
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??):  Live here, and son is getting married here.
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?  National Mall.  All that green space in the middle of a city is wonderful!
    What's your favorite DC restaurant?  Legal Sea Foods
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:b083d23a-694c-482f-99b7-e7469dca2d92">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding is already passed.  However, my son's is coming up: Wedding date:   March 20, 2011 Wedding location (city, state):   Rockwood Manor, Potomac, MD Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between):   Jewish Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??):   Live here, and son is getting married here. What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?   National Mall.  All that green space in the middle of a city is wonderful! What's your favorite DC restaurant?   Legal Sea Foods
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

Oh!  I just rec'd an email yesterday (?) from <em>Washingtonian</em> about "The Not-So-Big Wedding Fair," being held on November 7th @ Rockwood Manor.  It sounds like fun.  :)
  • Options
    john&juliejohn&julie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date:  2/18/2012
    Wedding location (city, state):  Washington, DC
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between):  in between
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): Actually this is my first visit to the DC board, but I live here and I'm getting married here.
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?  FDR memorial (which is why that's where he popped the question)
    What's your favorite DC restaurant?  Hmmmm, there are so many.  La Chaumiere (Georgetown, French), Tono Sushi (Woodly Park, Japanese), Acqual al 2 (Eastern Market, Italian), Cafe Berlin (Capitol Hill, German), Cava Mezze (Barrack's Row, Greek tapas), etc (DC has become such a foodie city)!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: June 25, 2011
    Wedding location: Vienna, VA
    Ceremony type: Something in between =-)
    Why I post on the DC board:  It's a great resource for procrastination!  Keeps me away from doing work I should be doing!
    Favorite DC sight seeing spot: Arlington National Cemetary
    Favorite DC restaurant: Hmm, I don't make it in to DC too much so I don't have one off the top of my head
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date:  October 29, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state):  Downtown Leesburg, VA
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Secular
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??):  Live here/getting married here - first time on this board!
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?  Lincoln Memorial - where we also got engaged :)
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? BLT 
  • Options
    digiraindigirain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Cincinnati for school, so I feel kind of like an imposter posting on this board! But I'm from Northern VA and we're getting married there, so I'm going to join in too.

Wedding date: June 12, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state): Manassas, VA
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Catholic, but not a full mass
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): I grew up there and we're getting married there, so that's where all of our vendors are (so I guess reading reviews is the main thing).
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? Hmm, the Jefferson memorial is my favorite memorial in DC, but I have a soft spot for the Manassas battlefield
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? No idea, we just pick whatever we see where we're at. With good results, though!
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:fdf976f1-e7ad-4b14-8873-235535f2a8e3">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married? : Oh!  I just rec'd an email yesterday (?) from Washingtonian about "The Not-So-Big Wedding Fair," being held on November 7th @ Rockwood Manor.  It sounds like fun.  :)
    Posted by Lisa50[/QUOTE]
    Yep!  I've already suggested that my son and his FI might want to go to that.  It seems like a good place to find vendors willing to work with a reasonable budget.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:e9c30981-5a0f-475b-b793-7631e3c53c78">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in Cincinnati for school, so I feel kind of like an imposter posting on this board! But I'm from Northern VA and we're getting married there, so I'm going to join in too. Wedding date: June 12, 2011 Wedding location (city, state): Manassas, VA Posted by digirain[/QUOTE]

Welcome!  You're not an imposter -- this is your home.  Congratulations on your wedding.
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:772599ce-37e1-48c4-bac5-1885ae321a65">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding date:   October 29, 2011 Wedding location (city, state):   Downtown Leesburg, VA Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between):  Secular Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??):   Live here/getting married here - first time on this board! What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?   Lincoln Memorial - where we also got engaged :) What's your favorite DC restaurant?  BLT 
    Posted by Drseussgrrl[/QUOTE]

Welcome!  Congratulations on your engagement and wedding, from one Lincoln Memorial lover to another ... and now that you mention BLT, I'll have to get back there soon.  Yum!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:f9985ba6-65b6-4dab-aaa4-26fef7de6f9b">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's your favorite DC restaurant?  Hmmmm, there are so many.  La Chaumiere (Georgetown, French), Tono Sushi (Woodly Park, Japanese), Acqual al 2 (Eastern Market, Italian), Cafe Berlin (Capitol Hill, German), Cava Mezze (Barrack's Row, Greek tapas), etc (DC has become such a foodie city)!
    Posted by john&julie[/QUOTE]

First, congratulations on your engagement and wedding.  I think your date is the furthest out I've seen so far. FI loves Cafe Berlin -- it's his favorite "comfort food" restaurant. Ha!
  • Options
    beautifulbizbeautifulbiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date  March 19, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state) DC Hotel Monaco
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between) religious Holy Rosary
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??) getting married here
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot? monument
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? cafe asia
  • Options
    john&juliejohn&julie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lisa!  Cafe Berlin is actually where we were when I first blurted out "Ugh, I love you, ok!" and dropped my silverware on my plate, causing FI to choke instead of say "I love you too."  In response, I started crying hysterically and once he finished choking, he did say it back, and then I hit him (harder than intended) for making me say it first.  It was kind of a comedy of errors, but now it's our special place.  We went there for dinner the night he proposed (exactly 2 years after the I love you debacle) and sat at "our table" - I don't usually think of anything German as romantic, but Cafe Berlin is definitely special to us.  And so tasty as well!

As for our date, well, we wanted a winter wedding and we wanted to get married at the Mayflower Hotel - 2/18/12 is what worked out for all parties involved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding date: May 29, 2011
    Wedding location (city, state): The Westin Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
    Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Very secular!
    Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): I wish we had more posts here! I live in the area and I love helping out fellow brides :)
    What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?: Grew up here, so obviously I fall into the "I've lived here so long but I don't go out and do any of the cool sight-seeing stuff!" category, but I have to say I've started to fall in love a little bit with Old Town Alexandria.
    What's your favorite DC restaurant? Oya
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_dc-brides-grooms-getting-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:1224cece-7693-4b51-8548-6f5cef367362Post:1ab9d7cb-1a4b-4ce6-bb09-2f073b359c15">Re: DC Brides & Grooms... When are YOU getting married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wedding date: May 29, 2011 Wedding location (city, state): The Westin Alexandria,  Alexandria, VA Ceremony type (religious, secular, something in between): Very secular! Why you post/lurk on the DC board (live here? getting married here? think this is the best board ever??): <strong>I wish we had more posts here! I live in the area and I love helping out fellow brides :)</strong>What's your favorite DC sight seeing spot?: Grew up here, so obviously I fall into the "I've lived here so long but I don't go out and do any of the cool sight-seeing stuff!" category, but I have to say I've started to fall in love a little bit with Old Town Alexandria. What's your favorite DC restaurant? Oya
    Posted by fchan1[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree, it would be nice if we had more posts, but I understand why.  If other brides are like me, I tend to post on my wedding month board a lot, plus I post on Second Weddings as well.  I think, though, it is better to have fewer, higher quality posts than a lot of "What is your ..." and "AW ..." posts.  LOL!

I'm glad I decided to continue the "This is Your Week" postings, though.  All of the responses have been great .... and still, make me hungry.  I love our collective tastes in restaurants!  YUMMY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards