Pennsylvania-Central

NEED a cheap location/using John Wright Restaurant

So, My wedding budget is about $8,000 and I CANNOT find a reception location for $5,000 and under (we are talking alcohol included, as are linens, etc.)
Does anyone have a sugestion? It has to be in York County or just above/below/side to side. No more than 30-40 minutes drive from York (we are getting married at St. Joe's of York.)

Also, we have an appointment with John Wright Restaurant. There are some bad reviews as far as the food, but there are only two reviews for weddings and they are old. Has anyone visited it there/had their wedding there?

THANK YOU! 

Re: NEED a cheap location/using John Wright Restaurant

• I don't know if Harrisburg is too far for you, but we are having our reception at Appalachian Brewing Company on Cameron St. We get the entire 2nd floor - a huuuge bar area with a stage, pool tables, etc.. the back "gallery" room for dinner.. and outside deck. Linens are included, if you're okay with white or black, and they will rent more tables for you (for free!) if you need them. Almost every food option is under $20 a head and it's only $175/hr to rent. They have great alcohol packages, too. I will be surprised if we even get close to $4000 for the night.

Let me know if you want more info!

• <div>Oh my goodness! That seems AWESOME! We love it there! How late are you allowed to be there until? </div><div>
    </div><div>I will definitely contact them soon! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-a-cheap-locationusing-john-wright-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:107Discussion:82a2330f-5631-434d-9445-7fa12088a270Post:5f0bbaad-8128-4fbb-9b0d-a94b52331a36">Re: NEED a cheap location/using John Wright Restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if Harrisburg is too far for you, but we are having our reception at Appalachian Brewing Company on Cameron St. We get the entire 2nd floor - a huuuge bar area with a stage, pool tables, etc.. the back "gallery" room for dinner.. and outside deck. Linens are included, if you're okay with white or black, and they will rent more tables for you (for free!) if you need them. Almost every food option is under $20 a head and it's only $175/hr to rent. They have great alcohol packages, too. I will be surprised if we even get close to $4000 for the night. Let me know if you want more info!
    Posted by ladymike[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_need-a-cheap-locationusing-john-wright-restaurant?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:82a2330f-5631-434d-9445-7fa12088a270Post:79ec05f1-cabc-441b-91c4-892084658a12">Re: NEED a cheap location/using John Wright Restaurant</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my goodness! That seems AWESOME! We love it there! How late are you allowed to be there until?  I will definitely contact them soon!  In Response to Re: NEED a cheap location/using John Wright Restaurant :
    Posted by Wondervegan[/QUOTE]

We love it there, too! We aren't into fancy ballrooms or country clubs, nor could we afford 99% of the places we were looking. I'm so glad my fiance` is a total beer nerd because he joked about having it at a brewery.. I said, why not ABC?.. he said, REALLY? CAN WE DO THAT?.. so, we called and did it! Hahah!

We can be there until midnight. That's fine with us and then all us young folks will probably head downtown if we aren't completely bombed by that point :)

If you are having a smaller wedding, you could rent out one or the other for even less. We're doing the whole floor because we don't want to "share" the space. For example, if we don't rent the Abbey Bar as well, it'll be open to the public. But, they are so flexible on everything there. It's great. You don't need a minimum of guests and we only had to give a $200 deposit.

ANYWAY. I'll stop blabbing. Check out their website; they have downloadable event info or just give 'em a call! Glad I could help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards