May 2013 Weddings
Options

What am I missing?

So far we've got our reception venue, caterer, photographer and dj booked... I'll be going to wi (where the wedding will be) at the end of July. Are we missing any major checks that need to be done?

Re: What am I missing?

• Options
    Look at you Miss Planner :) What about the ceremony/officiant?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    LB&SFLB&SF member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    what about the dress?
    videographer?
    invites?
    guest list?
    cake?
    sorry...  i was thinking the same thing tonight
    May 2013 FebSiggy... Invite... Different Type of Ribbon/Knot Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    :) good point! We've been Ina rut as far as finding a ceremony site reasonably priced or not (holding it at reception site is always an option, but a pricey one!)...I feel like its going to be the hardest part of planning. Ik while I'm in town I'm going to find a dress, food tasting, book a florist meet with officiants make up trial (trying airbrush, since we splurged on photographer, yay!) I feel like I'm missing something though, just can't put my finger on it
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_what-am-i-missing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:843f7887-f9b1-442e-a72d-32d61daec26bPost:cac8e09b-0a91-4dc3-8391-bf88b16bab79">Re: What am I missing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what about the dress? videographer? invites? guest list? cake? sorry...  i was thinking the same thing tonight
    Posted by LB&SF[/QUOTE]

True, but all of those things I can sort of take my time on...I did forget about cake though! Maybe that was it :) and were sort of indecisive on using a videographer or not..lance we spent so much on the photographer we may skip that
  • Options
    What about booking your florist?
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:The Cake!!!
    cake4
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SRRL18SRRL18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Dresses?
    Transportation?
    Men's outfits?
    May 2013 October Siggy - The Honeymoon Walt Disney & Daytona Beach imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Hmm I can't figure out what you could be missing either. 

We're done with:
    Venue
    Caterer (includes cake)
    Photographer
    DJ
    Hair Stylist (she's been doing my hair for a long time, this was a no-brainer)
    Wedding Dress
    Officiant

Next up is:
    Florist
    MUA

But you seem to have already done this things or at least have a plan for them. 

• Options
    Be careful waiting to long to find your dress mine is taking 8 months to come in, and then I have to do alterations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_what-am-i-missing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:843f7887-f9b1-442e-a72d-32d61daec26bPost:dca83dc3-cc75-46e4-b459-205e2f4e25e5">Re: What am I missing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful waiting to long to find your dress mine is taking 8 months to come in, and then I have to do alterations.
    Posted by zubrod1[/QUOTE]

Ik! This stinks, I don't have anyone to dress shop with...I was thinking of going to do a local bridal shop to try on styles, hopefully I don't screw myself on that one. I'm not extremely picky though so if one dress will take too long I'm sure id be able to find one that could come sooner
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards