African American Weddings
Options

MAKEUP ARTIST COST

How much did/will  you pay for your make-up for your wedding??  Was BM's included??

I spoke with a young lady at Belk's whom is a manager and her price is $150.00 for bride only. Another young lady give me a price of $14.00/hr. not sure if that include BM's

Re: MAKEUP ARTIST COST

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My makeup artist is coming to me at the hotel where I am getting dressed. He is charging me $100 for the bride and $85 for each additional person.  He is doing me, mom, grandmother and my MOH for $355. He is union, so he does lots of film and TV work.  I am sure he can charge more for his services, but I think his rate is more than reasonable for his skill level and the fact that he is coming to me.  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $150 for the bride is reasonable. Prices vary greatly depending on how long she needs to stay at your wedding, or you might get a discount if you go to her and you do your own touch ups.

Also depending on how experienced she is and if you want a special technique.

Best thing to do is ask around and compare prices in your area.

Since I am having a wardrobe change I expect my MU artist to stick around so I expect to pay quite a bit.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i am going to MAC... its 40$ per person.  Pretty much,what you do is they do your makeup and you buy 40$ worth of makeup.  It works out GREAT. I dont know if my BM's or MOH's will get theirs done there but I will have them let me know ahead of time so we can book a block of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker When you are in love you cant fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. ~ Dr Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MUA is coming to the hotel where I'll be gettign dressed and she's a friend/coworker of mine so she's doing mine for free and charging $45 for each BM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MUA charged me $260 for me and 2 BMs.  That includes my trial and a powder and lipstick for me to keep. She is coming to us 2 hrs before the wedding.
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MUA is coming to me and her charge is $140 for bride and $40 for BMs ($25 if they apply their own foundation). No charge for FGs. I've seen and loved her work! She does make-up for some local celebrities and also did my friend's wedding a couple years ago.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lalarochellelalarochelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MIne is charging me $80 and $40/BM.  I'm getting half her rate since I was referred to her by one of her friends and reg. customers.  She apparently is the preferred MUA for Michael Vick's fiance and other Eagles' wives and Marsha Ambrious
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My makeup artist is charging 150 for me and 75 per bm. I have 5 bms.

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you guys that's expensive. My MUA did my makeup at photoshoots so I know she's good. She is charging me her standard rate of $30 dollars. Plus if she does 5 BM then I am free. Its only 25 if she doesn't have to come to the hotel.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello fello brides!!  My wedding is in 4 weeks and I have yet to secure a MUA to come to my hotel room.  I am in the Philadelphia area.  Can anyone pass on the contact info for the people they are using/used?  Thanks
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_makeup-artist-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e28aec23-4185-4574-aacd-1d94c86dd5f5Post:ee97801e-a9db-46bf-95ac-cc3e4d763a09">Re: MAKEUP ARTIST COST</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIne is charging me $80 and $40/BM.  I'm getting half her rate since I was referred to her by one of her friends and reg. customers.  She apparently is the preferred MUA for Michael Vick's fiance and other Eagles' wives and Marsha Ambrious
    Posted by lalarochelle[/QUOTE]
     Can you share the makeup artist you used for your big day's info? <div>
    </div><div>Thanks! </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_makeup-artist-cost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e28aec23-4185-4574-aacd-1d94c86dd5f5Post:ee97801e-a9db-46bf-95ac-cc3e4d763a09">Re: MAKEUP ARTIST COST</a>:
    [QUOTE]MIne is charging me $80 and $40/BM.  I'm getting half her rate since I was referred to her by one of her friends and reg. customers.  She apparently is the preferred MUA for Michael Vick's fiance and other Eagles' wives and Marsha Ambrious
    Posted by lalarochelle[/QUOTE]
     Can you share the makeup artist you used for your big day's info? <div>
    </div><div>Thanks! </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards