Chit Chat

Loving it!

I am absolutely loving the whole process.  I haven't been stressed in a while and I am getting in to all the little details which if you had told me that a few months ago I would have thought you were crazy.  I keep telling my wedding planner that my main goal is to really absorb all the little things at the ceremony/reception. 

Anyway, didn't know if there are any other brides-to-be out there feeling the same way. 

Re: Loving it!

• Lucky you!  I wish that I had loved the entire process.  I was jaded about a month before the big day.  I just wanted to be married already :)

I hope your planning continues to go really well!  What is your favorite detail thus far?
    Photobucket
  • I loved planning mine! We were lucky and only had a couple of minor issues throughout the whole process, so it was (for the most part) really fun.

Good luck, and enjoy the remainder of your planning!
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • So far I love all the creative ideas we are putting in to everything!  For example, each table instead of table numbers are going to have silly pictures of us at the rehearsal.  At the dinner each table is themed with an old romantic movie like the "Bogie/Bacall table."  I would have probably just done something quick and the same for each table but it really such a big life saver having help.

I also love that we've found ways to get my fiance into the whole process.  He kept saying, "Well, whatever you want.  This is your day."  Which is sweet but so not what I wanted.  I want him to feel like it is his day too so they are incorporating both our personalities in to everything.  I'll upload the pics of some designs they've come up with for you guys. 

Anyway, I know I have a ways to go but I have finally gotten to the point that I love this :)  I've been on forums and looking at stuff all day.
  • The only part that gave me a headache was the 'guest list' process, having to cut it down sometimes and having to explain to my mother (no, she's not paying for it) that I didn't want certain relatives at my wedding, we picked closest friends and family, total 100. (my family is HUGE so I didn't care to invite 500 people)

The rest has been easy, loved choosing the cake, favors, dress, etc.

• It was fun, but also stressful. For us, H and I were 650 miles away from where our wedding was going to be so the long distance thing made it hard at times. But thank God for the internet/e-mail.

But yeah, as it got closer, I just wanted to be married. Between the constant spending of money to worrying if things were going to go as planned and we weren't forgetting anything, I was done.
  • i have enjoyed all of our wedding planning.  we've only been planning since the end of january and tomorrow we get married!  FI was involved with everything and so much more helpful than i expected.  he helped make phone calls, put together the programs, cut ribbon, made the card box, helped with the guest book frame, and so many more little things that i cannot remember.  it has been a great building block for our life to come to see how well we work together!

i will admit, the last few weeks have not really been stressful, but i just wanted them done because i was so excited to get married!

woohoo!  tomorrow i'll be a mrs!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • I didn't have a wedding planner, but I was pretty stress free up until about two weeks before the wedding. That was when everything got beyond stressful and I was ready to pull my hair out and have us elope instead. I actually told DH at one point that I wanted to run away to the beach and be done with it, because the wedding planning just wasn't worth it. Luckily, it ended up being worth it, because our day was perfect. My advice? Watch out for those last two weeks or so, when time starts running out and all of your last minute decisions need to be made and deadlines need to be met.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards