South Asian Weddings
Options

Cake Tasting!

Not a question - just wanted to share... because I know no one else cares about all the details - only all of us crazy brides!

So we had our cake tasting today (we tried cakes when we had our main tasting but weren't crazy about any of them so they did a special cake tasting for us).  We tried 3 kinds: strawberry shortcake, white (vanilla?) cake with coffee mousseline filling, and traditional red velvet with cream cheese... The winner - the red velvet (I am not a big dessert person and the red velvet was perfect - not too sweet or anything.)

And we are going to have red fondant on it with the embroidery design/motif from my sari - can't wait!!  Only 6 weeks from this coming Sunday - wow!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Tasting!

• Options
    SonaliPopSonaliPop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! That's one of the things I'm looking forward to :) Happy to hear it :)
  • Options
    kavita85kavita85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmm, I love red velvet cake! Cake tasting was my favorite part of planning so far. We went with an orange creme flavor. It's a subtle fruity flavor with buttercream icing. I'm now craving something sweet...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm, those sound divine.

6 weeks! You must be getting so excited. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmm red velet! That sounds sooo good! Glad to hear that they were able to make something you love!
    ExerciseMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards