Washington-Seattle

Small Vent

I just have to say I can't believe how rude some of the brides are on other boards! I don't see why people can't respect other's opinions and just be polite. I do have to say that the Washington-Seattle board is probably by far the nicest!  Thanks to all of you for being so polite even if you don't see eye to eye Smile

Re: Small Vent

• zoiesmurfzoiesmurf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The international boards are the worst at this, but local and my month atleast seem to be pretty good. :)
    December 2011 Weddings September Siggy: Shoes
    Vintage shoes I found at an antique store about 10 years ago :)

CIMG0051

Retro/Vintage Siggy Challenge: Favorite Vintage Movie
    sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NarginiaNarginia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only posted a handful of things on the other boards - I think I have been lucky because so far (knock on wood) I have had pleasant responses. But I Have heard the stories that most of the other boards don't play well with others!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree people arent as nice on other boards, though the july 2011 board has been awesome.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Btw you're dress is gorgeous Katy :)

CIMG0051

sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I posted a few times on other boards and was shocked by the rudeness.  Stating how I was doing my wedding then being told I was "wrong" (family traditions), got me to really think about posting on them; usually only will respond to someone and then I think twice about it.

This board is very encouraging, supportive and fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree 100%!!  I posted asking for advice about a wedding party issue and was told that I was using my wedding party as a popularity contest (not true), that I was being a bridezilla because I said that people keep telling me that it's my wedding so my decision (it is).

I have NEVER been offended by the people in this local board.  On the contrary, everyone has been so helpful AND sweet.  Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    yah. I only post/watch on the Getting in Shape board, the DIY board, and the July 2011 board. But I lurk on others from time to time.....and they are just nuts over there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

It seems like there is a group of ladies who've been on for awhile who band together to back each other up and just say their being "blunt". You can be blunt and disagree without being rude. Undecided

CIMG0051

sabrina

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second Zoie. I think some of them delight in being harsh. Yes, some people ask some out there questions. "Is it okay if I insist that all of my BMs go fakebaking topless on their own dimes so that they have nice tans and no one has ugly tanlines? I already have them on Nutrisystem. Is this too much?" Ummmm....

But the thing is that this whole thing is hard on everyone and everyone goes a little insane here and there. From being a doormat to the b word. What people need is support not a gang of harsh bullies. I always feel bad when I see someone who is new getting stomped on by them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards