Hawaii
Options

I'm a newbie and need planning advice :o)

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, though I've been checking out the site for lots of ideas. I'm thinking of doing a small family only wedding in Kauai and am having trouble planning on the small scale. I don't know what details to include in my wedding since there won't be a bajillion people attending.
Also do any of you have coordinator recs. for Kauai? I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas. Thanks so much ladies!

Re: I'm a newbie and need planning advice :o)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, congrats! 

I'm a Maui bride, so I'm afraid I don't have any Kauai help for you, but hopefully there's some K brides out there.  Did you check out the Hawaii Bio website?  I think it's at the top of the message board in one of Kaesha's post.

GL with your planning!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Board and Congrats!  I'm also a Maui bride, but wanted to welcome you to the board. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

We just got married on Kauai a few weeks ago and did not have a coordinator (we had about 26 guests.)

The site coordinator and the "banquet" captain at our events handled everything for us (including coordination with vendors-- perhaps because we relied on their "Preferred Vendors" for our events, which also made our vendor selections easier.)

Let me know if you have any other questions- I'm happy to help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board and congratulations!
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for the warm welcomes. Sorry, I was MIA for a while because of finals.Congrats KauaiBride2010. I would love to learn from your planning experience.   I have seen some really beautiful weddings here while just purusing the boards. I never had a "dream" wedding in mind so it's been really difficult even defining what I would like personally. I think we are keeping things to just immediate family (6-10) so we can afford a really nice honeymoon. Anyone working on a small scale?
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With such a small group you have a lot of flexibility to be creative with what you want in your wedding.

At a minimum you'll need a location (beach or grassy area near beach?), an officiant, and somewhere to go afterwards to eat/drink/celebrate (your condo for a bbq/pool party? a beach park for a picnic? a restaurant for brunch, lunch or dinner?).  

Otherwise, it's your call - do you want a photographer? cake? flowers?  champagne toast?  Whether and how to do this stuff is completely up to you and your FI.  There are resorts and wedding coordinators on Kauai who can bring this together for you, or you can do it yourself if you'd like.  Start with what feels right to you, then find people who can match it in real life.

Have fun planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards