Texas-Austin
Options

Venues for a large wedding?

Hello!  I've been engaged for awhile, but have just started to think about planning.  My future husband and I both come from really large families, and I was kind of dismayed by the number of people we had when we just added up siblings, sibling's partners, parents, step-parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandmparents.  I think we are looking at 200 people who will actually come.  Almost everyone will be coming from out-of-town.  Does anyone have suggestions of a place that will comfortably fit 200 people or should we just elope?! 

Re: Venues for a large wedding?

• Options
    We are getting married at The Winfield Inn, located in Kyle.  Their outdoor pavilion can easier accommodate a large wedding and the place is beautiful.  I would highly recommend talking to them and taking a tour.  They are having an open house this Saturday from 4-8 if you want to try and see the site and talk with them.  They will be serving food, drinks and there will be other vendors there as well to bounce ideas off of.  HTH  
  • Options
    I think Angel Springs can hold that many. The owners were nice and honest when we met with them. We went with Kindred Oaks. It's an all outdoor venue but has a great rain plan. Good luck with your search.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Texas Federation of Womens Club Mansion is beautiful and huge! Great option.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Texas Old Town is an option as well - affordable and suited to large groups. There are actually quite a few options that will house 200 or more guests. It just depends on your budget and what type of venue and area of town you're interested in.
    Feel free to connect with us if you need further help.
    -Cheryl Bailey

www.yellowumbrellaevents.com
  • Options
    My fiance & I had the same problem when we began looking for wedding venues last year.  We found the Terrace Club in Dripping Springs, which will accommodate our estimated 250 guests.  Hunter, the owner, is awesome!  She will work with your budget and always responds to emails promptly.  Their packages include lots of extras that you'd normally have to pay extra fees for at other places.  They have indoor and outdoor ceremony spaces and an indoor reception space.  Even better, they recently opened a Sleep Inn and Suites right next door!  They work with the Terrace Club so that you can reserve blocks of rooms for your wedding guests.

http://www.theterraceclub.com/
  • Options
    I think the Bob Bullock Museum can accommodate that many.  Perhaps the Blanton Museum too.
  • Options
    A hotel would be a good option.  The nice thing about hotels is they include the chairs/linens/china and you only have to pay for a room rental fee and the food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards