Michigan-Lansing
Options

Where did you get your dress?

Hey ladies!

I am begining my dress search in a few weeks and plan on making the appointments in a couple of days! Just curious as to where you bought your dress, or where you would avoid at all costs! Thanks in advance! :)

Re: Where did you get your dress?

• Options
    AngelaOct11AngelaOct11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Becker's in Fowler.  They have a huge selection of dresses in all sizes.  They also have a big selection of bridesmaids dresses and mom's dresses. They give discounts for things like paying in full and my mom and mother in law could get a discount since I bought my dress there.  All the dresses are out so you can just go through them all and pick out the dresses you want to try on.  I would recommend going there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Fantastic Finds by Eastwood Towne Center. I love my consultant, Kim, and I love their setup as they have big private dressing rooms for you to use. I also got my bridesmaid dresses there when they had a 20% off sale.

I will say I also had good experiences at Becker's and The Wedding Belle in Okemos.

I have referral coupons for Fantastic Finds if you want me to send you one. No pressure & I have plenty. Just send me a private message!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :)image
  • Options
    applekapplek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my at The Wedding Bell in Okemos. 
    I have had a great experience with them so far! I think they're amazing there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at Fantastic Finds too. I had an entire day of shopping planned but Fantastic Finds was my first appointment and I found the dress is just over an hour. The people may be the best part there. They're incredibly helpful and knowledgeable and care that you're getting something you love. I worked with Amanda and she has been amazing throughout all of my silly requests and special needs.

I know it's very early to start planning final fittings but my sister is my MOH and lives in AZ. She won't be able to fly home for the final fitting which is where they teach the MOH how to lace the dress up properly and how to properly lay the dress out while I'm standing at the altar (There's a ton of extra fabric on one side of my dress that kind of sweeps around instead of hanging straight down) and of course, how to bustle it. Amanda offered to come in to the store whatever day my sister and I can make it and she will teach us herself.

The dress isn't in yet so I can't speak to alterations prices or quality. But I LOVE everything I have experienced there so far. And I even used one of Phill369's coupons! Bonus!
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My DD got her dress at Beckers.  They are great to work with. Also, you are allowed to take pictures, which Fantastic Finds doesn't allow.  You'll find that it can be very helpful to have a picture of your self in the dress when you start trying to compare dresses from various places.
  • Options
    kate51485kate51485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at The Wedding Bell.  Katie and her staff are fantastic and absolutely know how to find something that looks amazing on you, no matter what your body type is.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with Fantastic Finds and would not recommend them.  Same goes with the DB in Okemos, they were completely clueless.
  • Options
    sarcole530sarcole530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Fantastic Finds.. and they completely lived up to their name. I worked directly with Kim Dubay.. she was the nicest person EVER. Literally- one of the nicest people I've ever met. She was so eager to help me and always glad to see me and my wedding party. My dress was gorgeous, very reasonably priced, and got many compliments on my gown the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    kbradley123kbradley123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at Fantastic Finds, too.  I got my dress there and went back for the bridemaid dresses after wasting an hour looking at David's Bridal.  They have great service and have been super helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards