African American Weddings

FI IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE

Ok yall my wedding is November 23, 2013 and FI is dragging his effing feet. By 11/23/12 I want to launch our website. Our hotel blocks will be completed by the end of next week, as well as our venue and church will be finalized. Now I asked him for his groomsmen email addresses because I need to email them to let them know where to book their rooms. We need this done ASAP because the weekend of my wedding there is A FREAKING CITYWIDE Medical Association Conference plus 20 other weddings (I know this because I called places for reception venues and they were booked...) so anyways I know I am rambling but I am about to beat his damn ankle (just one so he can walk with a limp lol). But here is what I need to complete

Website
Hotel Blocks
Pictures for save the dates 
and what else am I missing??

Re: FI IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE

• Do it yourself. Hound them. 

You should actually hit up your main vendors and find a baker/florist/entertainment. you dont want the conference to snatch them up
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I was going to suggest the same thing. I didn't wait for FI to give me anything. I snatched their FB photos to upload to the site, then I sent them FB msgs, most I already had their phone numbers. You can do it anybody who is short....is well just short! FI will get it together in the long run, hopefully. Mine still hasn't. LOL
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • I already have the DJ, the flowers, my mom is making my overlays, I am making my centerpieces, BMs have their dresses. I went on his FB page and some of his groomsmen are not on FB...great....plus I wanted him to come up with a litlle description of each groomsmen to put with their picture....
  • agree with PP. Do not wait on FI. I also used FB to ask people for addresses and email addresses. Some home addresses I found in the online white pages and confirmed with FI/the guest via FB. After all that, there were four people on his guest list I needed, so I bugged him everyday for a week until he got sick of me asking and finally emailed them. His email instructed them to email me with their contact info. 

For a while, I also enlisted the help of his best friend on getting addresses and names. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • edited October 2012
    Casey you are not playing.. so ahead of me. LOL.. SMH.. And Oh wow to that weekend and all that stuff going on.. Yes.. I agree with other PP start hunting them down.. But hey you never know. Your FI may come home with everything you asked for.. You never know.. But don't ask him again.. You know how men are and their ways.. Cam is the same way. LOl..  @ key good idea about white pages and online. you will be surprised what you can find online..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-is-getting-on-my-last-nerve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:412c660d-c467-4835-84c4-08d41885ae7ePost:e070f95c-6f82-4913-8d72-be70117bf07c">Re: FI IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE</a>:
    [QUOTE]Casey you are not playing.. so ahead of me. LOL.. SMH.. And Oh wow to that weekend and all that stuff going on.. Yes.. I agree with other PP start hunting them down.. But hey you never know.<strong><em><u> Your FI may come home with everything you asked for.</u></em></strong>. You never know.. But don't ask him again.. You know how men are and their ways.. Cam is the same way. LOl..  @ key good idea about white pages and online. you will be surprised what you can find online..
    Posted by keysmit[/QUOTE]

<div>NOT!! I will have to threaten his azz for real!</div>
  • LOL! I was getting addresses from mine up until a month before the wedding. I gave him the list of names (which was mostly his ppl) that we didn't have and said, send them an invite. At that point, it was on him and I didn't care if they came or not...I did my part of asking, trying to find out, etc etc. Those ppl never got an invite. More savings for me! LOL

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fi-is-getting-on-my-last-nerve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:412c660d-c467-4835-84c4-08d41885ae7ePost:474a05e3-8840-4071-bd8d-c595c1b6e550">Re: FI IS GETTING ON MY LAST NERVE</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL! I was getting addresses from mine up until a month before the wedding. I gave him the list of names (which was mostly his ppl) that we didn't have and said, send them an invite. At that point, it was on him and I didn't care if they came or not...<strong>I did my part of asking, trying to find out, etc etc. Those ppl never got an invite. More savings for me</strong>! LOL Cha
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

standing ovation. Mine only got the invites after i adressed , stamped and sent out everything with the info I had. Then "such n such didnt get one"... there's the stack....

With the GMs I launched the website with the pics I could find and the info I had. No blurb. So what. He hated that and then fixed it
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Keysmit....With New Orleans being a hot spot for weddings we have no choice but to get stuff booked now. We called about 17 places NO LIE and about 13 of them are booked and the others are either in our price range and not what we want or out of our price range. But we have no choice girl!
  • Girl we sound alike..not to mention that fiance and I cancel wedding every other day lol! Ive resorted to doing as much by myself...if he cant give me the input I need i get the help from someone else...MOB, 2MOHs, and coordinator....this also means he's lost his 'say-so'...like he didnt want me to have a male singer for the ceremony....well guess what....i just got off the phone with him boo!! I praying for you dear...
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards