Indiana-Indianapolis
Options

inexpensive videographers

hey ladies I'm getting married about an hour west of indy and i really want a videographer but not in the budget for another $1,000 I'm wondering if anyone knows of someone who does this as a side hobby.....it doesnt have to be amazing, i just want our day on video as well as photos! TIA

Re: inexpensive videographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i dont know of anyone but what you could do is have someone else record it then ask your local highschool AV dep. to edit it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that's a good idea! that would probably be my best bet! thanks!
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have heard more than one story about friends taping the wedding and you have to remember not to expect too much. You could get lucky and get good video but if the video is shaky, dark, battery runs out, etc, editing won't make it any better. Your better bet might be to try a local college to get the video and to edit it as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana-indianapolis_inexpensive-videographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:611Discussion:25a4864f-65bb-4582-a418-c5529d9c2b5fPost:07d055fd-59ef-4d23-a460-542d8aa34d30">Re: inexpensive videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have heard more than one story about friends taping the wedding and you have to remember not to expect too much. You could get lucky and get good video but if the video is shaky, dark, battery runs out, etc, editing won't make it any better. Your better bet might be to try a local college to get the video and to edit it as well.
    Posted by indy[/QUOTE]

do you just contact the media department at the college?? Not really familiar with the different departments.  thanks
  • Options
    indyindy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually going to school at IUPUI and I know that if you were looking there, you would check the informatics school. I would have thought Herron but discovered they have video type classes at the informatics school. Go on the IUPUI website and you should probably find a link.
  • Options
    angeltennis3angeltennis3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is Third Impression Photography and it's $750 and includes absolutely everything.
    Tara & Eric September 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards