Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Cartoonist/Caricaturist

Hi everyone,

Our wedding reception is in Ada so we're looking for someone who can do caricatures of guests at the reception just as something fun to do for a couple of hours.  I've found a website for caricaturists, but we're trying to keep costs down of course so does anyone know of someone who you might recommend.  Possibly someone starting out and trying to widen their customer base or something like that?

Thanks!
imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cartoonist/Caricaturist

• Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H and I have had a caricature done a couple of times by this guy (clicky): www.chrislaporte.com. He's based in GR but we've seen him at the Tulip Festival in Holland. I guess you can also find him at the Rivertown mall sometimes. I don't know if he would do weddings - or what his pricing might be - but he's super talented and a really nice guy. Might be worth asking! Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_cartoonistcaricaturist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:95Discussion:7a0b20a3-dcf6-4d97-b018-c1239d3924c3Post:516d0b32-c379-4e96-9e32-c6952ac7b78c">Re: Cartoonist/Caricaturist</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I have had a caricature done a couple of times by this guy (clicky): <a href="http://www.chrislaporte.com" rel='nofollow'>www.chrislaporte.com</a> . He's based in GR but we've seen him at the Tulip Festival in Holland. I guess you can also find him at the Rivertown mall sometimes. I don't know if he would do weddings - or what his pricing might be - but he's super talented and a really nice guy. Might be worth asking! Good luck!!
    Posted by akhensley81[/QUOTE]

Thank you and I totally love your pics in your sig.  Very pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_cartoonistcaricaturist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:7a0b20a3-dcf6-4d97-b018-c1239d3924c3Post:485e33e1-5cf5-4459-9559-5dc63b97343f">Re: Cartoonist/Caricaturist</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Cartoonist/Caricaturist : Thank you and I totally love your pics in your sig.  Very pretty!
    Posted by lbow1984[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It was such a perfect day. You're getting close - you've got to be getting excited!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting quite excited, but also a little overwelmed at times, lol.  I think I've got everything taken care of and then someone will be like hey did you already take care of....

Getting pretty close though and while I would never wish summer away I am totally ready for the BIG DAY.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was at the end of the summer last year - I hardly even noticed the summer go by. Try to enjoy it, even though you'll be busy! I am soo looking forward to this summer and dragging out every. possible. moment. Just to make up for it! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards