Florida-South Florida

Recs Needed!

Hi Ladies!

My best friend is getting married in January and I am looking for a bridal shower venue in the Boca/Plantation surrounding areas. No further south than Plantation and anywhere north until Boca. The guest list will be about 50 ppl or less so I am trying to stay away from restaurants. I'm looking for like a community center or a venue where we can bring in a caterer. 

Any ideas of recs would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Recs Needed!

• Sorry, I can't help about the recs, but just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BUMP!!!!!
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • I'm not familiar with that area at all but congrats on the bump! :)
  • Try the Plantation Golf Club  -  its really beautiful and the staff is extraordinary. I dont know the exact address, but it is a little bit east of University Dr on Broward Blvd.
  • Thanks ladies! Poultry i'll check them out :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_recs-needed-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a9ceff77-438e-499a-b6aa-5b50d889ab4dPost:785adecc-da28-405e-be11-46734d33c4de">Re: Recs Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try the Plantation Golf Club  -  its really beautiful and the staff is extraordinary. I dont know the exact address, but it is a little bit east of University Dr on Broward Blvd.
    Posted by poultryprincess[/QUOTE]
    I think they changed the name to Plantation Preserve actually, but I second it as being a great option and they have in-house catering. I don't know your budget, but it might be pricier than you want to spend.
    My wedding venue has a really nice smaller ballroom that could work well for you, its the Inverrary Country Club. Galuppi's might be another nice option, I remember them having a lot of different packages and the facility would be nice for a shower.
    I feel like there's somewhere else that would be nice, but the name is just not coming to me. If I think of it I'll let you know!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_recs-needed-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:a9ceff77-438e-499a-b6aa-5b50d889ab4dPost:f6ec26eb-95d3-4f7b-aed2-9ba70033e130">Re: Recs Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Recs Needed! : I think they changed the name to Plantation Preserve actually, but I second it as being a great option and they have in-house catering. I don't know your budget, but it might be pricier than you want to spend. My wedding venue has a really nice smaller ballroom that could work well for you, its the Inverrary Country Club. Galuppi's might be another nice option, I remember them having a lot of different packages and the facility would be nice for a shower. I feel like there's somewhere else that would be nice, but the name is just not coming to me. If I think of it I'll let you know!
    Posted by LaMaFa[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
     Inverrary Country Club is my top choice right now....Galuppis is a no go one of my friends shower was there and the food was terrible.</div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks ladies!</div>

• How about a hotel? The Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Downtown City Center - www.hamptoninnfortlauderdale.com - is right in downtown, has free parking and very private.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards