New Hampshire
Options

under $70 a head????

Hey all! Anyone know of a venue in Southern NH area that are under $70 a head? We are looking either barn style building, or historic venue. I'm having a hard time finding anything to even START looking at- Thanks!!

Re: under $70 a head????

• Options
    singing_lynsinging_lyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My venue has pretty decent pricing. Food starts at anywhere from $16 to I believe $30 and for open bar it's $12-15 pp. We're using Hidden Hills Courtyard, not exactly historical and no barn, but it's a suggestion. There's also the Shattuck golf club and I believe their prices are pretty decent. Then there's Cobb Hill Estates in Harrisville, or Curtis Farm in Wilton, NH. You can check out other NH venues through http://www.nhweddingmagazine.com/local-resources/reception-sites as well. Just a few suggestions to get you started.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Londonderry country club give you 2 caterers to choose from...it's where I had my reception

Fratello's in Manchester is in an old mill building and has great pricing options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sky Meadow in Nashua, NH.  We are getting married there next Oct. & they were very reasonable ($40/pp), and gave us big discounts since we were planning a Sunday evening wedding. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think you can achieve that price range.  I looked at more central NH venues, but it seems reasonable, for sure. Good luck!:)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    YuMMMy721YuMMMy721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can always look at renting a venue and then doing catering from someone seperate and not trying to do an all inclusive venue they tend to be cheaper. We are using Celebrations catering out of Nashua (but they travel pretty much anywhere) and they are only costing us about $28pp so even if you have to pay a couple thousand to rent a venue you should still be well under $70pp depending on the amount of people you are having. Good Luck!

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    swimlibswimlib member
    edited December 2011

We're using Alpine Grove in Hollis. The other one that was in the running was some restaurant in milford that included cake in it's pricing, and they were well below 70/pp.

Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_under-70-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:f04c01be-eb84-450f-9318-7017fcd4d802Post:ad01fbc3-3b1b-466e-ba67-879a99d779c8">Re: under $70 a head????</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using Alpine Grove in Hollis. The other one that was in the running was some restaurant in milford that included cake in it's pricing, and they were well below 70/pp.
    Posted by swimlib[/QUOTE]

Mile Away Resturant in Milford.
  • Options
    swimlibswimlib member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I couldn't remember the name and all my wedding research stuff was at home in a moving box, making it hard to find!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were at the Shattuck Golf Club in Jaffrey, NH.  Beautiful venue and very reasonably priced.  Check out their site:  http://www.sterlinggolf.com/shattuck/wedding3.html
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's do able at the Rivermill in Dover. Depends on how many guests you have. 

Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Granite Rose in Hampstead.  They had different options in their packaging and were great to work with.  I can't say enough about them! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    stina1119Lstina1119L member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married off season at Bedford Village Inn.  They are roughly $55/pp... remember tax & gratuity added is another 29%!  YIKES which makes it roughly $70 per person.  That is their off season price and does not offer a red meat dish.  Its a GORGEOUS location, has that rustic 'barn' look.  Actually they call it a barn, but it's not a barn it's a gorgeous hall with huge windows and subtle lighting, hardwood floors... personally once I saw it, it was hard for me to even consider any other place we looked at. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    holy grail camelot in epping NH - we are paying about $30 a head for catering and $600 for the hall rental with all the furniture lines and tables
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards