March 2013 Weddings

wedding theme mess!

So my FH and I are irish and were getting married the day before st.pattys.I am having a total breakdown with the different themes for this wedding.We wanted to do an irish retro rock and roll type wedding but now im freaking out about what color green and the different things we want to incorporate not going together and it just being a cluttered mess.Has anyone else had this problem of figuring out how to narrow all of the crazy ideas from pinterest into looking good? If that makes any sense.

Re: wedding theme mess!

• That's one reason we're not really having a theme. We decided on a color theme but that's it! I really wanted aqua blue and the accents will be white and silver. We originally had green too but can't fully decide if we want it or not.

If you're doing a St. Patty's thing, I'd definitely go with kelly green! Could always do hints of orange but it depends how you do it. Just remember in the long run it's not the end of the world. I have to keep reminding myself that the little details won't matter. What matters most is being married and making sure your guests have a great time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • brookerichbrookerich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    My FI and I are having a "Big Fat Irish Wedding" as well.  I was born in Ireland and FI's heritage is also Irish so we figured why not!  However, we aren't going all St. Patty's Day cheesy.  We are going for a more elegant Irish traditional. 

Our colors are purple and green with an emphasis on purple (since, believe it or not, green and red are the two most unlucky colors to wear in an Irish wedding). 

We will have traditional Irish vows and we are also incorporating a handfasting ceremony into our vows.  And at the end of the ceremony FI's mom and dad will pin his family tartan on to me.

We are having our reception at an Irish pub.

Our wedding bands have the claddagh on them as well as "love, loyalty, friendship" on them (in Gaelic) of course.

We will do our first toast with Honey meade (which is where "honeymoon" comes from)

I will have a sixpence in my shoe

We are getting married on a Sunday since Saturday is considered the most unlucky day to get married

I'll incorporate a braid into my hairstyle.

We will leave the wedding a different way in which we came, this is so the fairies won't find us. (lol - - the Irish and their superstitions I tell ya)

Make sure the first person to congratulate you after you get married is a man, its considered bad luck for it to be a woman

There are probably a million other things that I'm leaving out.  If you have any questions though throw them out there.  Like I said all this is second nature to me.  Our wedding will be a little bit American and a little bit Irish.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not doing a theme either but I love Brookerich's ideas! I had no idea green was suppose to be unlucky!
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are awesome brookerich! I think it would be fun to incorporate a few of those things. I have some Irish heritage and I love so many things about the Irish culture. I knew a few of those things but thanks for sharing all of that :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards