Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Help with a first dance song!!!!

My future husband and I need help finding a good first dance song. We are each other's BEST friends, and have been together through it all.. even having a little boy. I have looked through all of the posted first dance songs, but none of them seem to fit seeing as we are a "non-traditional" couple with a son. Any ideas?!???

Re: Help with a first dance song!!!!

• Options
    edited April 2011
    My fiance and I are using Heidi Newfield's "Johnny and June." It's a faster song, but still intimate enough to dance to. Neither of us really listen to much country music, but we are both huge Johnny Cash fans and when we heard it, we had our "A-ha" moment and instantly knew that it was the song for us. The lines that really got me were:

"More than life itself, no one else
    This endless promise
    They dont make love like that anymore
    is that too much to be askin for?"

Not only did it fit us, it fit perfectly into our very casual, backyard BBQ reception. We're also a non-traditional couple with a child each from a previous relationship and one together. We're focusing more on celebrating our relationship than we are on having a wedding. This song expressed everything that we wanted to say perfectly.

Here's a link to the video on youtube if you want to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6-4irHfExI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're 100% non traditional.  We don't like attention and slow dancing makes us both nervous in front of 250+ people.

We chose to dance to Let's Give Them Something To Talk About, by Bonnie Raitt.  We met at work so its fitting.
  • Options
    "It did" by Brad Paisley....Amazing  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards