Nevada-Las Vegas

Guest List Question

I just wrote out my first guest list and this is way harder than I thought. We are only inviting 100 ppl total, and I am at 48 for my half.

My question is how do you (or did you) handle people who you kind of knew wouldn't be able to make it? Invite them anyway, just to be polite?

I'm thinking we may get some surprises b/c people we may think aren't coming may take the opportunity to visit vegas. Have you all gotten any of these.

Generally speaking, what percentage of invitees actually RSVP yes AND attend?

Sorry this is so many questions, it's just everything that was running thru my mind as I wrote out my list.

TIA! :-)

Re: Guest List Question

• edited December 2011
    We sent out 42 invitations - A total of about 88 people.
    35 actually attended.
    We sent invitations to everyone .... even those who we knew wouldn't attend.
    There were some surprises too ... cousins that I thought wouldn't make the trip turned the wedding into a week long family vacation.
    We got a good sense of who was really attending when the Save the Dates went out.

• edited December 2011

I am sending out 30 invitation. That will include people I know will not attend  However , I am only planning to have 15-20 guest to join us in Vegas for our wedding.

Happy Planning.

• Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't so much do formal invitations for everyone, but we have invited 37 people, and with two months to go 21 of those have confirmed travel plans and only 4 are definite nos. Overall we will likely have 25-28 attending and we were surprised at the number of people that were able to make the trip, we really thought we would only have about 20/37 there.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • edited December 2011
    We also wanted around 100 people and we invited about 120 knowing a few wouldn't make it. We actually have 96 confirmed adults. The response rate was was like 85% Yes. We still invited people we knew wouldn't be able to make it as a courtesy to them to let them know they were invited. They say vegas has a high response rate and we found that out first hand. I have 29 days to go and I am soo excited. OUr guests are so happy we chose Vegas even if it is more cost for them.  Good Luck!
    BFP 9/19/10 Blighted Ovum 10/11/10 D&C 10/26/2010 BFP#2 3/14/11 EDD 11/21/11 **Praying for a sticky baby** my blog:http://www.fitmomnetwork.com/apps/blog/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TwinsRibTwinsRib member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.

I think we will be able to keep it at 100, but we both have huge families, so it's kinda hard to know where to cut off.

We also were trying to figure out what to do about all our cousins. We compromised that everyone over 18 in their own place got an individual invite.

I love surprises tho... I'm anxious to get our STDs out but that won't be until this fall.

Geez I'm excited! lol Laughing
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are inviting about 100 and expecting about 60. We just sent out our STD and a few people have already told us they were coming.
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent out courtesy invites, but they ended up coming, but it was ok b/c they made up for those that didn't. We aimed for 100 guest and 80 of them came.

It depends where you're traveling from. I'd say 30% of our guests came from LA, where they can drive and the airfare is cheaper. 

• edited December 2011
    We invited 84 people and from the beginning expected 60. We had 61 RSVP yes and 58 people actually made it to Vegas.

It really depends where your guests are traveling from. Most of our guests are from Central/Southern California and could drive or fly for relatively cheap. My extended family is also reallly about weddings, so they will make a special effort to get there. My husband's family on the other hand isn't as close knit, so I knew most of them wouldn't make the cross country trip.

BUT let me tell you, knowing most ladies didn't have over 50 ppl in the Vista suite made me REALLY nervous having 60ppl there. I would not invite over the max occupancy of your venue.

You will be surprised who makes the special effort + I couldn't tell ppl to not bring a guest bc who wants to vacation alone!
  • SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 58 guests, including a few that we knew were most likely not coming...in the end we had 39 guests, including 2 who were on our "not likely coming" list! So you never know who may surprise you...
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards