Ohio-Northeast

Caterer Chaos!

I am going to give the short version of my story.

I contacted a caterer who my step grandma had a great experience with. I have met them twice and they did my shower food (which my stepmom paid for). 

My wedding is 10/1/11. Since the first time I met with them I told them where I wanted my food budget to fall and explained I am open for suggestions. We are having an outdoor, very casual Oktoberfest type reception - so I am not against brats and burgers...or something like that.

Anyway - we were scheduled to meet on this Friday to finalize everything. Mind you I still don't have a price (even though I have asked SEVERAL times). 

On Thursday my stepmom calls me and says the caterer called her to discuss how to explain to me that what I want is not in my budget. Really?? Three weeks before the wedding and you are just now finding that out? And - why didn't you call me?

My stepmom offered to cover the difference and wasn't even going to tell me about it. Obviously she did tell me and I have decided to not go with that caterer. It was the most disrespectful unbusiness like thing I have encountered.

Why wouldn't they call me? I'll tell you why. They know my parents have the money to cver the difference and they figured I was backed up against a wall and had no choice. I beg to differ. They are no longer my caterer and I gave that woman a piece of my mind!

Nice customer service skills lady.

Re: Caterer Chaos!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards