New Jersey
Options

Wedding Insurance

Does anyone have this if so what is the comapny its through having a hard time finding one. 

Re: Wedding Insurance

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Whats your biggest concern?  Weather?  Cold Feet?  Bad Vendors?
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You actually can't get insurance for cold feet. We did ours through travelers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-insurance-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:829ca86d-5802-45f9-a056-db6f3ac49392Post:6e0dfd13-c166-42f3-8d71-097ab9f07cbd">Re: Wedding Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]You actually can't get insurance for cold feet. We did ours through travelers.
    Posted by schrutebeets[/QUOTE]

Not true....

<em>For years now, newly engaged couples have had the option of taking out wedding insurance, protecting them from unforeseen circumstances that could ruin their big day. Now, believe it or not, one insurance company is going one step further. Fireman’s Fund Insurance is offering coverage against cold feet!</em>
    1st Groom

View our FOR SALE items
    http://tinyurl.com/3jjv7vy
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding insurance?  What a scam.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok USER maybe one company is but in general most don't. It's actually not a scam....all those people that had hurricane irene at their wedding would have been saved by wedding insurane..same thing with anyone ordering their dresses from non chalance in morristown which closed...etc. It is personal choice, but my opinion is you wouldn't buy a car (or anything else) for this amount of money and not insure it...there are so many moving pieces..natural disasters, health, vendors, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    User wasn't the one who said it was a scam... And I'll add to your list The Grove being ordered to stop holding events. It's amazing how many arguments for insurance have cropped up in the last couple of months.
  • Options
    bereasonable2bereasonable2 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-insurance-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:829ca86d-5802-45f9-a056-db6f3ac49392Post:da944683-af6b-43b0-9069-80582f847e76">Re: Wedding Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok USER maybe one company is but in general most don't. It's actually not a scam....all those people that had hurricane irene at their wedding would have been saved by wedding insurane..same thing with anyone ordering their dresses from non chalance in morristown which closed...etc. It is personal choice, but my opinion is you wouldn't buy a car (or anything else) for this amount of money and not insure it...there are so many moving pieces..natural disasters, health, vendors, etc.
    Posted by schrutebeets[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually, you can't buy a car without having insurance. It's the law.  How many people had weddings the day of Irene?  Hundreds of thousands?  How many were actually affected?  A few hundred? How many of those venues didn't reschedule? How much money do those insurance companies pocket each day when the 99.999% of weddings go off without a hitch?  Do some research on it as well - lots of "fine print" that works in the insurance company's favor when it come time to actually file a claim.</div><div>
    </div><div>Looking at the odds, wedding insurance is a scam.  It's just like the extended warranty that suckers buy for their TV's and DVD players.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll chime in on the wedding insurance comments i had my wedding scheduled on hurricate irene and DO NOT have wedding insurance.  We were able to reschedule our wedding and have aligned all of our vendors for this new day.  the only added costs we will incur is a small fee for the florist which is the same or less than the average wedding insurance policy.  I think more important than wedding insurance is reading the fine print on all of your contracts and more importantly TRUSTING your vendors. 
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't neccessarily agree that it is a scam, but you have to be very careful and read the fine print. I'm not sure exactly how it would protect you if the store you bought your dress from went out of business. As far as the hurricane, I would assume something like that would be covered..but what are the stipulations?
    Did anyone get screwed by their venue and wasn't allowed to reschedule their date? One would think a venue wouldn't want to do that to a bride, at the risk of affecting their reputation.
    The only thing I can think of happening that the vendors/venue might not be cooperative, is if you got sick and absolutely HAD to cancel or reschedule the wedding. IMO, I'd personally rather take that chance. (Same reason I'd never purchase travel insurance for a honeymoon).

ETA - Thousands of people had damage to their houses and property due to the hurricane, and I have heard TONS of stories about how their homeowner's and flood insurance didn't cover some things.. just seems silly to pay money for something that isn't going to 100% help you in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't addressing just USER in my post, but just both posts before mine. I do not think it is a scam (hence why I purchased it), but of course agree just as with any insurance policy or vendor of COURSE you need to read the fine print. That is being a smart consumer. For us it was the right choice for piece of mind and I was suggesting the company we used for the person that posted the question. Bereasonable yes cars require insurance weddings do not, but health insurance is also not required by law (yet), doesn't mean you shouldn't get it. It is a personal choice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards