July 2012 Weddings

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton.

We were going to go to Secrets St. James, Montego Bay, Jamaica, but then do to my fiance working we were going to cut the honeymoon, but then we decided to switch our reception site to my parents house, well now we can afford a honeymoon still since we already paid for the plane tickets and we'll have almost $2900 left in our budget switching our reception location. So we've switched our reservations to Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, which is still an AI, but $1700, as opposed to $3000. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about this resort? I just want to be fully aware before going if there's anything I should know about the resort. Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(

Re: Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton.

• edited May 2012
    I always go on TripAdvisor for these types of things:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g793509-d1012524-Reviews-Grand_Palladium_Lady_Hamilton_Resort_Spa-Lucea_Hanover_Parish_Jamaica.html

ETA: I'm so glad you're able to go on a HM now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A girl that I work with is getting married there in February she just went to visit at the Palladium and loved it.  The place looks super nice!!  Check out trip advisor. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I don't have any advise. I'm happy everything is coming together or you. I know you have been stressing about it for a while.
  • I don't have any really different advice, did you try the HM board?  I'm so glad it is all coming together for you!

Anniversary
  • Thanks everyone for the advise. I had looked at TripAdvisor but it seemed to be hit or miss, but mostly about the staff, not the resort, which to me I don't think is that big of a deal. I just hope the resort is as amazing as I'm hoping. I'm just worried about it being further from the airport and possibly more isolated as we did want to do some touristy stuff like shopping and everything. I guess we'll find out when we get there, and we might end up liking being further away from stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • I've been to Jamaica and you'll be happy to be secluded. The "touristy" and "shopping" areas are a minefield of pickpockets and people shoving stuff in your face and children begging for money. It's not fun.

Stick to your resort.  It's gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Jamaica two years ago and stayed at the Riu Ocho Rios. It was really nice and very reasonable. It was about two hours from the airport, but it's a pretty scenic drive. Let me know if you have any questions about it! Oh and the TripAdvisor reviews were hit or miss too about the RIU, but we had a great time and didn't encounter any of the negative things some reviewers had mentioned! Let me know if you have any questions :) 
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards