Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Where to go dress shopping?

Hi all,

I know its early, but I'm starting to think of where to go dress shopping. I know we are going to be making appointments for Columbus Day weekend because my Mom and Sis can come out. Where should we go? I'm planning on visiting a couple other places before then as well, just to get a feel and idea before that day.
I think we are going to try David's in Natick, but where else?
Much Thanks!

Re: Where to go dress shopping?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My favorite place was Country Weddings, in Hingham (so a little bit far, maybe). It depends on your budget, so it would help if you give guidelines. 

But my overall piece of advice is plan lots of time in between appointments and allow extra time for traffic, because in my experience traffic in Boston is ALWAYS worse than I anticipate. It was very stressful running late for every appointment, when I could have avoided that altogether by spacing the appointments out more. And I wouldn't do more than 3 appointments in any one day-- ideally 2. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Sabella Couture in Boston, but again, it depends on your budget. Madeline's Daughter in NH is popular and so is Precious Memories in Malden.

ETA: I also loved Country Weddings. It was down to two dresses for me and if I had picked the Jim Hjelm, I would have bought it from CW. Very nice ladies, even though I wasn't ready to purchase that day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had good experiences at Bella Sera (Danvers), Madeleine's Daughter (Portsmouth) and Cristina's (Andover).  Bought my dress at Cristina's.

Good luck shopping!
  • Options
    kt8301kt8301 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at La Reine in Wlatham and really enjoyed shopping there. 

They listened to what I was looking for but also recommended dressed based on my body type.  Plus, they kept me well within my price range and I ended up buying a sample for $500 which I love!
    best day ever! Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't particularly like the dresses at Country Weddings for me, but it was just the style I was looking for. Bella Sera in Danvers I didn't like either, the consultant was moving between 3 different brides and she never completely focused. There were also a lot of teens looking at prom dresses when I went, so it wasn't very private. I did really like Bella Bridal Shoppe in Amesbury, the consultant focused on one bride at a time, in a private, clean area, and they were not sales pushy or anything. The dresses were beautiful also. I would definitely recommend them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to be in Natick I would make an appoitment at Platinum Bridal in Southboro.  Its only about 15 min away from David's bridal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at L'Elite on Newbury at one of their sample sales.

I had heard mixed reviews going in, but I had an incredibly positive experience with them.  Let's hope the fitting goes as well as the shopping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you should check out Precious Memory in Malden. I am planning on buying my dress there. not only are they voted the best by theknot, but also you can have your dress custome  made based on your style. they also have great service and the consultant was really nice. also if you purchase your dress there, your bridal party gets 15% to 20% off their dress. check it out at bestbridalshop.com or google precious memories in malden. good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I didnt get my bridal gown here, I have been here several times for my bridesmaids, my mother, and my flower girls dress, and I strongly recommend Party Dress express in Fall River MA. Its a drive, but so worth it. The workers there are very attentive, and from walking around I saw hundreds of bridal gowns from all different designers. Gook luck and have fun!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards