Missouri-Kansas City

ISO inexpensive catering

does anyone know where i can get catering that will beat the prices of all other catering?  we're having a super laid back wedding, and i was just thinking a buffet of easy foods, like salad, brisket, cornbread .. stuff like that.
i really, really want to do it myself, but i dont want to be doing all that work the night before/morning of my wedding, but we're on an EXTREMELY tight budget.  i mean, like $4000, and we've already spent $3000 of it.
there will be around 70 guests, and im willing to provide the tablecloths, plates, silverware and all that stuff.  just need someone to cook, bring and replenish the food.
THANKS!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
***January Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration***
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: ISO inexpensive catering

• Ditto Hy-Vee.  That's who we're planning to use and their prices are reasonable (I know the Mission Hy-Vee has the prices for everything listed on their website).
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Silber Spoons and are so excited. You can get a pretty decent idea of the pricing on their website. We wanted to change a few things and Mike was more than willing to accommodate us! He brought the food to our home for a tasting and has been so helpful!
  • We are using Blue Springs Hyvee and getting food for 200 people, flowers, and cupcakes for under $2,000. You get 10% off if you do all three through them!
  • Britany-if you don't mind me asking, what type of food are you doing?

• You've probably already found someplace, but I was a BM in a wedding where the reception dinner was the food you described, and they used Zarda BBQ catering. I don't know numbers, but the wedding was on a definite budget with the bride and groom paying for everything themselves.
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards