Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Brewing Beer!

I just wanted to share our excitement.  We're brewing the beers for our wedding right now, I am so excited!!  This is the one thing my FI has been the most excited about being involved in.

Re: Brewing Beer!

• Have you guys brewed beer before?  the reason I ask is my fiance has also done some home brewing, but has yet to get his recipe to the way he would like. 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_brewing-beer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:7f91ecc8-5f8e-4c33-9aa4-ef0e1b5079ecPost:356eab20-ec37-4f42-bd62-6d9c9df05304">Re: Brewing Beer!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you guys brewed beer before?  the reason I ask is my fiance has also done some home brewing, but has yet to get his recipe to the way he would like. 
    Posted by ChristineNB[/QUOTE]

DH just started also and he was really disappointed in his frist couple of batches.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • These are about his 10th or so batches.  His first one he hated it, and he keeps trying it as he lets it sit but he still doesn't like it.  He first started with extract brewing, and recently is starting with extract and partial grain brewing.  He just throws it together, theirs no rules in homebrewing lol.  What helped him the most when he started was the Mr. Beer community website.  The first kit I got him was a Mr Beer kit, so tell him to check it out.  They're nice and helpful. But his batches after have been great to him & everyone who has tried it.  He's even made me a cider and a gluten free beer, I have celiacs so I can't drink real beer anymore.  It was so good. 

He's so happy to be putting his mark on our wedding like this.  He's going to a beer festival for his Bachlolor weekend.  Now we are researching where to get pint glasses for favors.  Personalized and not an arm and leg for shipping.
  • Also if you guys live neer a brew store..like Homebrew USA they have clone recipes for sale.  You just pick the one you want and they give you the exact ingrediants and instructions for that particular beer.  I think it's easier to start off that way, then try adding your own personal touches to it.  The staff at the one we go to is super helpful, they helped us figure out how much to make per how many guest and made sure we selected the beers that would be ready in time for our wedding.
  • That sounds awesome! And FWIW, my first batch of beer turned out fine. Is there a particular style he's making?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • He's making a coffee stout for him, octoberfest, and wheat.  I'll have the gf ( I name Christina Smash lol)  and cider.  It is super fun.
  • FI wants to brew at home, but not necessarily for our wedding.  One of his big wants in homebuying is that he wants space to start brewing.  We're friends with a lot of underground brewers in Pittsburgh so I need to get in touch with them and hook things up for FI. 

ChristinaJoey, I may be gluten intolerant (I need to try a gluten-free week next week and see how I feel) - did he get the recipe from the HomeBrew USA store?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards