Ohio-Columbus

Venue help please

I am visioning a vintage themed wedding. I was considering station 67 with small suitcases as centerpeices along with vintage framed postcards as the table numbers. I want to have burlap flags that say yay to wave during the ceremony as well as vintage handkerchiefs in handmade envelopes for favors.

I am also picturing a wedding at the Franklin Park Conservatory, also vintage themed only the centerpeices would be rustic candles in mason jars or something like that (I had a clearer vision but it's not fitting the way I was thinking it would)

Anyway It's a budget wedding. The cheaper the better and we're planning 75-125 people. What do you think? Either of these doable? I know I can get the handkerchiefs pretty cheap($1-$2.50 each at local antique stores), vintage postcards are also cheap(.75-$1.andover card at antique stores) the flags are simple to make with dowels, paint, and burlap or canvas. I can make the candle centerpeices with mason jars as well. I am thinking the largest chunk of the budget will be the venue, catering and my dress/attire.

Re: Venue help please

• I am having my wedding at Franklin Park Conservatory. My FI and I are getting married on a Sunday so that made it a bit cheaper but, we are looking to spend about $11,000 just for venue rental and catering.
  • I toured both of those venues, and while beautiful, they are not exactly budget friendly. When is your wedding? I might still have my estimates, if you want pricing ideas.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're looking a long way away, April 4, 2014. I am hoping to to make almost all detailing...
  • Just throwing some ideas out there are I haven't had any dealings with these two venues:

Germania: http://www.germaniacolumbus.org/ I've never been inside, but the outside of the building is pretty well perserved (and vintage looking).

400w rich: http://400westrich.com/ they JUST started doing events, and if your wedding were closer I would not recommend. Theres a lot of hipster love for this place but they might be cheaper since they're so new. I doubt they have an in house caterer so that makes things cheaper.

Now, I have had dealings with the olde gahanna sancturary and they're great. It's our venue and you could totally do a vintage feel there. It was also the cheapest venue by far there aren't any restrictions on vendors.

Oh, last minute suggestion: maybe Valley dale ballroom.
  • Franklin Park is definitely not budget friendly! We had to up our budget several thousands of dollars to be able to do it there but, I really wanted our wedding there.
  • *sigh* I had a feeling Franklin Park may be out...boo. Sucks cause that was one of our first dates.
    As for Valley Dale Ballroom. I'm a little iffy on it. I had prom there one year and it's in a neighborhood that is going downhill...pretty close to Joyce/Cleveland Ave though the area it's in right now isn't...terrible...I did put in for some extra info though, the inside can be very pretty...

I was considering The Vault since we are aiming for a Friday wedding and on the site it says Fridays are VERY negotiable as well as the beverage minimum being negotioable. I am still considering station 67, I'll have to go in for the open house.

As for Olde Gahanna Sancuary I actually have lived around it my entire life. It has some great stained glass windows. I'll have to go during an open house and ask questions I'm just having trouble forming a theme ect for it.
  • Here is some pricing for station 67, I received it in June for a  Friday in Feb wedding, so it may have gone up:
    ceremony- $650 with reception package
    reception rental- $1000
    catering min- $3000
    One Classic Entrée Buffet — $44.95 per person One Gourmet Entrée Buffet — $46.95 per person Two Classic Entrées Buffet — $49.95 per person Two Gourmet Entrées Buffet — $51.95 per person
    bar setup- $3.95-$6.95 pp  does NOT include alcohol
    cocktail hour- 10.45 pp
    *Please note there is a 18% service charge on the food and non-alcoholic beverage total. 83% of this fee is given in support of the Columbus Area Firefighters.

just to give you an idea

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That helps a lot! Thanks
  • check out amelita mirolo barn in upper arrlington.very unique.
  • The Bexley Mansion is pretty inexpensive and really pretty.  If you have a friend who is a Bexley resident and can rent it for you it's even cheaper. :)   I had an event there whith about 100 guests for a lunch reception and spent about $6000 including facility rental, catering, table, chair, linen, and tableware rental.  The only down side is that you cannt have alcohol there.  The inside is very vintage and absolutely beautiful!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards