New Hampshire

Tux Help

So FI, his best Man and I are going to pick out tuxes on Wednesday (hopefully the weather cooperates) but I don't know anything about tuxes or what I want... 

What are you doing/what did you do?

I assume I will have the GM's in a green vest to match the BM's but what about FI? Ivory is my secondary color I guess...but I am not sure about an ivory vest.... And what about his shirt? White vs. Ivory, does it matter? (My dress is ivory)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tux Help

• edited December 2011
    There are no rules, much like most WR decisions these days, but...
    My wedding colors were red, silver and black.
    All our GM's wore red vests and ties.  DG wore an ivory vest, white shirt and red tie.  He thought ivory vest AND tie would  be too bland, I agreed.
    In my opinion, and I've heard the same from many of the other `09 Knotties, the ivory tux shirts look dingy, more like a dirty white shirt.  The tux lady tried to talk me into ivory shirts, saying that white would make my dress look dirty in pictures.  However, this is such a small detail and I did not find this to be true AT ALL!  In all our formal pictures, DH is wearing his jacket, so the shirt isn't noticible at all. 

DH and our Best Man
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with Chayer about the ivory shirt.  My friend's dress was ivory and they did white tux shirts and it looked fine.  I think the groom wore a vest that was an ivory/gold sort of hue that looked nice.
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • Steffy3217Steffy3217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ivory shirts which actually looked fine and didn't notice any difference. We put all the guys (including dh) in red vests. Then the only difference was DH had a black tie, everyone else had red ties. DH picked out the actual tux... Oh and he had different shoes...

• edited December 2011
    FI is going to wear an ivory vest or he is going to wear silver.  I think the GMs are going to wear black.  We shall see....This is the battle of the month with us, hahahaha.
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've already talked to a tux shop because it's a friend of my moms. I've decided that they will be ivory shirts (they did them for my friends wedding and looked really good). FI will be in an ivory vest, GM's will be in sage and fathers will be in champagne. 
    It's up to you but I know some shops like to have the bride go in as well, mostly to make sure the colors are correct. 
  • Megglez2008Megglez2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The boys went to pick theirs out a few weeks ago. They ended up deciding on silver vests and matching ties. FI's tie will be slightly darker with a little bit of a pattern on it to make him stand out a little more. The girls are wearing purple, but we were afraid that if we got matching vests (which we could have done) that their purple bouts would clash if they were different shades. Oh and I think they're going with white shirts as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I was worried about 'matiching' my champagne dress.  All were in black tuxes.  DH wore a Coffee Vest and tie.  Fathers and Best Man had black (becuase Best man already had a tux). Rest of WP in brown to match BM dresses.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks girls...but we actually had to cancel the appointment and we are going to try and go next week..I guess FI will be trying on a lot of vest and tie combinations before I decide haha

oh and my mother seems to think my fathers vest/tie has to match her dress...yay? nay? I have never heard this...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As for fathers vest it really depends on what you want. I had the tux guy I talked to try to talk me in to silver vests for the fathers, which would be nice but I think my mom is having a champagne color dress. And the fact that I have no silver anywhere else. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards