Iowa-Des Moines

Venue help!

Hi, I have to change my venue...and I want to do it as soon as possible. Does anyone know of a good venue that's not overly expensive? I am having 125-150 guests

Re: Venue help!

• edited December 2011
    What part of Iowa do you want to have your reception in? Des Moines, Ames, Iowa City, Boone?
    Anniversary
  • kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    around the des Moines area or indianola area.
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Events Center West - $1500
    There is also the Capitol Room, That place in Norwalk, I can't remember the name right now.
    Zart (downtown)
    Toad Valley Golf Course

I"ll come back when I think of more!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • kschwarz09kschwarz09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the zart building have a website or something where I can check it out.
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.zart1312.com/index2.php#/rgallery3/

That is the link for Zart. 

There is also the lotus moments events center.  Let us know what you pick!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Hotel ballrooms! Tons of hotels in the DSM area with ballrooms that can accommodate that number of guests!

• edited December 2011
    Capitol Room is a great idea; may be hard for some guests to find if you have a lot of OOT guests.

You could try Jasper Winery...great place and great to work with!  They were too small for my 250+ wedding.

Hoyt Sherman could be an option--I'm not sure the max guests it would hold.  But they have an awesome area :-)

Hotel ballrooms are great--that's what we're going with.  We have an $8000 F/B minimum, so it is pretty expensive.  The above places will be more lax to find an outside caterer, etc.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I had to change my venue from the Botanical Gardens.  I understand your stress!  Thankfully I found the Embassy Suites- On the River Hotel in downtown Des Moines.  It was a lot cheaper than the Botanical center!!!!  The event planner there, Jessica, is absolutely amazing,  The venues are so well priced that we decided to have both the wedding in the atrium and the reception in the ballroom.  Give them a call, it was the best decision I have ever made!
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also check out Happy Apple Orchard ... I think they are pretty, reasonably priced and close
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest looking at Living History Farms. They can accomodate 150 in the church and 180 at the reception site. The space was nice and reasonabley priced. The recception site is also within walking distance of the church and two hotels. The only downside is that you can't set up till 5pm.
  • ammbcinceammbcince member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Apple Orchard is awesome. We are getting married there next summer. It is $1500 for the entire day. You get the whole orchard and no one is allowed to pick apples or anything like that. At the end of the day you get $300 back. Also the owners are amazing. They will work with you on everything and are pretty much open to anything you come up with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards