Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Has anyone had a wedding at the Hotel Hershey?

Hello Ladies,

My fiance and I are thinking of having our wedding in the Japanese Gardens at the Hotel Hershey. Has anyone had their wedding there? Or is planning a wedding there? We're in NJ, and would love to have it there, but are hesistant about how smoothly the planning would go. Thanks!

Re: Has anyone had a wedding at the Hotel Hershey?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had my wedding there or known of anyone who has, but the Hotel Hershey is absolutely exquisite! It's such a beautiful Hotel and the service is wonderful. I've only had spa treatments done there. I do knwo that they are pricey for this area, but if you can do it, I would say go for it! I realyl don't think you'll be regretful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Kristen.  It is beautiful there!  I am sure that things will go smooth. 
    Michelle and Chris 10.10.10 ~Planning Bio~Updated September 12th~ 10/10 Siggy challenge: Walking down the aisle Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! Your pictures are beautiful! My fiance and I make a trip to the Hotel Hershey and the circular dining room every year and I just fell in love with the place. We live in east Jersey, right across from Manhattan and prices here are ridiculous! The packages at Hershey weren't too bad compared to what we priced here. I was told that the Bedford Inn was beautiful too.
  • Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to a wedding there, but I have been to a formal event there and also got a chance to peek in at the cocktail hour of someone else's event -- it's beautiful and the service is top-notch. They're experienced at hosting social and business events so I wouldn't expect any problems in planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_anyone-wedding-hotel-hershey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:91d6d2df-2144-4237-9416-22e2b28f63c4Post:f59dd19f-f15c-4695-9bdb-707595591282">Re: Has anyone had a wedding at the Hotel Hershey?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks Ladies! Your pictures are beautiful! My fiance and I make a trip to the Hotel Hershey and the circular dining room every year and I just fell in love with the place. We live in east Jersey, right across from Manhattan and prices here are ridiculous! The packages at Hershey weren't too bad compared to what we priced here. I was told that the Bedford Inn was beautiful too.
    Posted by CallaLily08[/QUOTE]

I've also heard that the Bedford in was beautiful! My parents live up there. Although, it's a little out in the middle of nothing. I would expect that the prices are great compared to those of the Jersey/NY area.
  • Options
    her982her982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weird! I also live right across from Manhattan in NJ and I am getting married at the Hershey Garden with our reception at Hotel Hershey in July. 

They have been so easy to deal with, and we were pretty needy, haha. The only drawback was that we booked in July 2009 and got the last date open in summer 2010, so you prob want to make sure you book sooner rather than later. But yeah, we have not had any problems planning from 3 hours away. They respond to our emails and phone calls pretty promptly, and we really have no reason to be on site again until we do a tasting and finalize details.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-central_anyone-wedding-hotel-hershey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:107Discussion:91d6d2df-2144-4237-9416-22e2b28f63c4Post:fadeb4dd-170f-416c-9765-48b5e679fd4e">Re: Has anyone had a wedding at the Hotel Hershey?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weird! I also live right across from Manhattan in NJ and I am getting married at the Hershey Garden with our reception at Hotel Hershey in July.  They have been so easy to deal with, and we were pretty needy, haha. The only drawback was that we booked in July 2009 and got the last date open in summer 2010, so you prob want to make sure you book sooner rather than later. But yeah, we have not had any problems planning from 3 hours away. They respond to our emails and phone calls pretty promptly, and we really have no reason to be on site again until we do a tasting and finalize details.
    Posted by her982[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! That is weird! Whenever we tell anyone around here that we're getting married at the Hotel Hershey, we get strange looks, hahaha. Thanks for the info though, that's great to know. Our wedding isn't until May, 2012, but I'm already starting the craziness, and I can be pretty needy too, especially being so far away. What DJ are you using? someone from the area or from this side? We found Occasion DJs and they sound pretty great. Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have done two weddings up there, and it is fantastic.  The interractions I have had wtih the site coordinators and staff were all very good.  I always recommend to my "destination" couples to hire a planner/coordinator.  It will really help you take most of the stress of planning a wedding long distance.  If you need anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh great! Thaat's great to hear! I'm pretty excited about the venue, we may look into other venues this summer, but my mind is basically cemented on Hotel Hershey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards