Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Need opinions! Combined shower/wedding thank you notes?

So I've already been kicking myself for this, but my shower was about 3 weeks before my wedding and I didn't have time to send out thank you cards for shower gifts before the wedding. It's been a month since the wedding now, so it's about that time to send wedding gift thank you notes now.

Would it be a bad idea to combine shower and wedding thank you cards? I'd certainly express heartfelt thanks for each gift individually, but they'd be in the same card. On one hand, I don't want to seem like I'm being cheap (because I'm not! I love making DIY thank you cards and seriously wouldn't mind). On the other hand, if I was the one getting two separate cards, I'd think the person sending them was silly for not combining them!

Any input would be really appreciated! TIA!

x-posted to the Etiquette board

Re: Need opinions! Combined shower/wedding thank you notes?

• Options
    I say save a few trees and just combine them! I would also think it would be awkward to get 2 cards in the mail from the same person.
  • Options
    I think combining them would be fine, and yes, it is about or past that time to send them out.  I don't see why some people think they have a whole year to send them out.  If you sat down and did 10 a night, you should be able to have them done within 2 weeks. (not saying this is you, just saying some people in general.)
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    I disagree.  That you're remiss in your etiquette does not mean that you get to be remiss again.

Send TWO TY notes and get on them right away.   Even your wedding TY notes are bordering on rather tardy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards