Catholic Weddings

Peace Rose?

Are you giving the Mothers a peace rose? I'm assuming this is done when you offer eachother a sign of peace, right?

Re: Peace Rose?

• Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of this and don't know what it entails so I won't be doing it.  
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_peace-rose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:73de91ec-7e55-4bef-bc98-ab7fbc8da654Post:73b4570b-b1d0-4850-b21c-b958e80785e6">Peace Rose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you giving the Mothers a peace rose? I'm assuming this is done when you offer eachother a sign of peace, right?
    Posted by lesliet21[/QUOTE]
    Yes, this is typically done for both mothers at the sign of peace in catholic weddings. People usually get a red or white long stem rose.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of a peace rose. I don't think it is typical or common, though I guess some churches allow it? I probably wouldn't do it, but I'm a purist and didn't add anything into our mass.
  • edited December 2011
    I've never heard of it either. Our priest probably won't allow it either bc he is so strict.
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've only seen it at non-denominational weddings.  It's a nice gesture, but I don't know where it fits into a Catholic sacrament.
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I've never seen it done either but it sounds like a lovely idea!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing it. And it is done during the "sign of peace" part of mass.
  • edited December 2011
    We're giving our mothers flowers, but I didn't know it was called a "Peace rose"  My bioogical mom passed away when I was nine, so we're having my fiance's sister sing "Ave Maria" and I'm going to do my devotion to Mary and we're going to place a rose on an empty seat for my mom, and give roses to my "other mom" and my fiance's mom.  Kind of a "mother time" lol.
    Anniversary
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards