Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation and RSVP advise

My FI and I are having a small brunch wedding.  I'm sending out invitations but didn't really want to send out RSVP cards...since most people don't even send them back.

Is it bad form to have "Please RSVP by XX date" at the bottom of our invitation?
Most people invited are family and just a few close friends (30 total).

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Invitation and RSVP advise

• Options
    Personally I like the RSVP cards because it's easier than calling or emailing to RSVP. Even if it's just a few close friends and family, I would still send them out so people don't have to feel like they're bugging you during a very busy time. Also, I think people would be more comfortable RSVPing with a card if they had to decline the invitation. I haven't gotten that far with my wedding yet, but from the weddings I've been a part of, more people than you would think return the cards. I think you have a better change of a higher RSVP percentage with cards than phone calls or emails. I have nothing to back that up, but I personally would forget to call you before I'd forget to mail that card on my desk..
  • Options
    Put "RSVP by X date to (phone)" on the bottom of the invites. There's nothing wrong with that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards