Maryland-Baltimore
Options

"The Pros"

Hello everyone!!!  

Has anyone used "The Pros"?  They do photography, videography and DJ.  Their photography prices seem ok but I am still new at pricing all of the vendors and don't really have a starting point.  

If anyone has used them, what did you think?  Were you pleased with the services?  Would you use them again?  Would you recommend them?

Re: "The Pros"

• Options
    ajerome21ajerome21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not used them.  However, two friends used them and both are not happy with the pictures and the video.  I have seen numerous bad reviews for them on this board.   
    Jenni at Forever-Yesterday has great prices and does amazing work.  She did my e-pics, I have a few pics in my bio (link under my siggy pic).  However, I went with Perski for wedding pics.  I also like their work and they can work with your budget.  I know so many people who used them and all are happy with their pictures.   Good Luck!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    stay far away from 'the pros'.  there has not been one decent review on here about them.  just horror story after horror story. 

the ladies around here and recommend djs, videographers and photographers in a wide range of prices. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard anything good about them.  We're using Stephanie Miller Photography.  Stephanie's really sweet and our e-pics were great.  smillerphotography.net
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have also heard negative reviews about the Pro's.  We're using Jen Lowe for photography.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely do not use them.  Ditto all of the other girls - if you post your budget on here you will get lots of helpful suggestions for photographers that are wonderful.  We used Jen Lowe and were beyond happy with her. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As all of the other married girls said. Don't use them!! We used Lisa Robinson - Softbox Media She was amazing!!!
    Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Meghan Lynn Photography and Renee Michele Photography.  I used the first for b-pics and Renee for our wedding/engagement pictures.  They're both awesome.
  • Options
    sac615sac615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am glad I found this! I just got something from them in the mail today. They saw our annoucement in the paper. I went to their site and it looked nice and even had a knot logo, but after reading this I will throw it away. Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!  I will definitely stay away from them...far far away.  

Happy Spring!  :)

~MB
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your input!  We have narrowed it down and decided on our photographer here in MD.  Hope you all have a great week!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked into The Pros as well, my fiance and I even went out to one of their "wine and cheese" events.......Yikes is all I can say!

While their prices are just what we're loooking for, I refuse to use them!  With that being said, my FI and I are still looking for a good, budget friendly photographer.  Honestly, we'd like to spend no more than $1200.  We really just want the basics, photos from our ceremony and reception (total of 5 hours) and we'd like to keep the digital negatives.  FI and I met with Jenni from Forever Yesterday and really liked her, but you have to pay extra for the digital negatives.

Help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy - try Stephanie Miller.  Her prices were in about that range for 6 hours of photography and high resolution CD with rights to print when we booked her in 2009.  Not sure what they're at now, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should use All Requests Dj Billy Zee. www.billyzee.com There are loads of testimonials on his site and he can run a photo montage on a big screen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a great photographer that we are using.  Are you in Maryland?  His name is Jason Putsche (with Jason Putsche photography).  His website is http://www.jasonputsche.com/ and he is very reasonably priced.  

Best of luck to you!!!
    ~Marissa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards