Second Weddings
Options

renewing wedding vows

My husband and I were having a hard time, but are now better then ever. And want to celebrate our marrage by doing something special. My husband family wasn't at our first wedding, and we really want to have them at this one. I'm trying to plan something fun but cheap. I want to do something near Pottstown PA, where my husband family lives. I could use some help with everything. I would like to do it at the beach or maybe the lake.
Any advice or help you can give would be great.

Re: renewing wedding vows

• Options
    This is an international board. You will have better luck if you go to the menu on the left and click on Local Boards and ask in your area.
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    Hi, my hustband and I are going to renew our vows and have a 20th anniversary party next summer.  We have lived several places and now in Colorado. We've decided to make the party a bit of a family reunion and also use a Colorado (western) theme.  It has been fun beginning to plan.  My advice is to figure out what you want to do and then check boards here and also search on the type of wedding you are having.  For instance, I searched "rustic weddings" and found some great sites with great ideas.  Have fun and enjoy yourself - its not often we get to enjoy the fun of planning but also renewing our love for the wonderful guy we married in the first place!
  • Options
    My husband and I are also renewing our wedding vows, I am only in the begining stages as we will have the wedding next fall. I am really excited to finally get the wedding I wanted, the first one was on a very low budget. But this will be our 13 year anniversary so wanted to make it special. Good luck on your planning.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_renewing-wedding-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:a327eeca-84fd-4e24-88c4-4a4a45b04460Post:8f87370f-01c0-41f9-942b-864d26a47d0d">renewing wedding vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I were having a hard time, but are now better then ever. And want to celebrate our marrage by doing something special. My husband family wasn't at our first wedding, and we really want to have them at this one. I'm trying to plan something fun but cheap. I want to do something near Pottstown PA, where my husband family lives. I could use some help with everything. I would like to do it at the beach or maybe the lake. Any advice or help you can give would be great.
    Posted by giraffet17[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    My husband and I are planning a 10th anniversary vow renewal for 2014.  I'm a planner so I've already narrowed down the venue, DJ, Photog and Videographer.  We also had a small wedding at my best friend's house at the NJ Shore and there was about 6 of us total.  I want it to be more of a party than a "wedding". We will have our vow renewal ceremony in a room adjacent to the ballroom at our favorite hotel in NJ, then cocktail hour and then party.  Giving yourself enough time to plan everything is definitely key.  Alleviates stress.  If you want a beach destination wedding, narrow down to the location, then contact the local hotels in that area. They have staff onsite that just handles weddings and events and they can guide you on what to do, help with local vendors, etc.  Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_renewing-wedding-vows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:a327eeca-84fd-4e24-88c4-4a4a45b04460Post:8f87370f-01c0-41f9-942b-864d26a47d0d">renewing wedding vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]My husband and I were having a hard time, but are now better then ever. And want to celebrate our marrage by doing something special. My husband family wasn't at our first wedding, and we really want to have them at this one. I'm trying to plan something fun but cheap. I want to do something near Pottstown PA, where my husband family lives. I could use some help with everything. I would like to do it at the beach or maybe the lake. Any advice or help you can give would be great.
    Posted by giraffet17[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards