Massachusetts-Boston

Interfaith rabbi?

Hey ladies,

Does anyone know of an interfaith rabbi in New England?  We have contacted Rabbi Judy Epstein but want to explore all options.

TIA!

Re: Interfaith rabbi?

• jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't have an interfaith wedding, but I know the rabbi I used will do them, and he's pretty reasonably priced too.  Rabbi Richard Messing.  He's in Stoughton.  He's a bit arrogant in person, but he does a really good ceremony. ri02401@aol.com (508) 612-8790

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Rabbi Lev Ba'esh - PM me and I'll send you his contact info. or you can google him (I just don't have it right now)  He is marrying us and he is great.  he is actually one of the more well known interfaith rabbis and has been requested at weddings around the world because of it.  He is super nice, friendly, accomodating and an all around nice guy.  He is affiliated with interfaithfamily.com and the union for reform judaism.  I took a class called Taste of Judaism and then another called Intro to Judaism which he taught.  I highly recommend him.  Bonus, he isn't pushy with which traditions you use.  We are having limited hebrew (just major blessings) bc most guests won't understand it, we are using God vs Adonai to make everyone feel welcome, we are not circling (fiance just isn't into it) and we are doing a reading instead of the 7 blessings.  But he has a super awesome option for the 7 blessings that I totally would have done but fiance was hesitant. 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your responses!  Unfortunately Rabbi Lev is booked for our date, but we'll contact Rabbi Messing.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://boston.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_interfaith-rabbi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:82bfaff9-b8ed-4743-9745-3906f5f67855Post:292e3eb4-1680-4c38-ba3f-3957542298b6">Re: Interfaith rabbi?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rabbi Lev Ba'esh - PM me and I'll send you his contact info. or you can google him (I just don't have it right now)  He is marrying us and he is great.  he is actually one of the more well known interfaith rabbis and has been requested at weddings around the world because of it.  He is super nice, friendly, accomodating and an all around nice guy.  He is affiliated with interfaithfamily.com and the union for reform judaism.  I took a class called Taste of Judaism and then another called Intro to Judaism which he taught.  I highly recommend him.  Bonus, he isn't pushy with which traditions you use.  We are having limited hebrew (just major blessings) bc most guests won't understand it, we are using God vs Adonai to make everyone feel welcome, we are not circling (fiance just isn't into it) and we are doing a reading instead of the 7 blessings.  But he has a super awesome option for the 7 blessings that I totally would have done but fiance was hesitant.  Good luck!
    Posted by ccgirl2010[/QUOTE]

We used Rabbi Lev too and we loved our ceremony.  I loved how he worked with us to create a perfect mix of Christian and Jewish traditions.  I know he isn't available for this posters wedding but I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a Rabbi!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Rabbi Judy Epstein, and were very happy with her, she worked really well with my husbands uncle who is an episcopal priest.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I PM'ed you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards