June 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Bands

So, we decided on a wedding band for me!
FI's uncle was in the military and used to be stationed in Saudi and so he knew everyone really well. Well, he bought a TON of jewelry over there and they gave FI a diamond band to give me on our wedding day.
Well, at first I was kind of awkward about it because my e-ring is white and the band is yellow. Well, I put it on the other day and started crying. IDK why, but I was just so overwhelemed.
FMIL also gave me one of her bands without diamonds for those times when diamonds just aren't good to wear, (missions trips, at the hospital, anytime I could get my ring jacked, etc)
I never knew that rings could make you all sappy and stuff. :)
We also decided on FI's ring. I will get a picture of his soon.

First Look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wedding Bands

• Options
    Congrats! and yes, pics please =)
  • Options
    congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thats awesome!  We're going to see our jeweler either this weekend or next to talk about designing ours. Its like the final piece is almost there! I guess thats what makes it so emotional though.  Congrats!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Its fun when you have those overwhelming moments of joy and excitement!

Congrats! My mom's wedding band is mixed yellow and white and she gets so many compliments on it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    congrats! Can't wait to see pics of it
  • Options
    Congrats...I personally wouldn't mix colors but glad you like it
  • Options
    That is so exciting! I love my wedding band too but it's currently too big. We're going the first weekend in February to get it resized!
  • Options
    That's awesome, congrats! Our jeweler hasn't started designing ours yet, but sometime next month we're going to stop in with something we want engraved and if they haven't started on them yet we'll get them on it. I also need to decide on what I want for jewelry (which they're also making).
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    That is awesome
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats!  I can't wait to see pics.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-bands-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c92756f5-6b52-4988-8409-b7c796f5942fPost:91bde83f-d3a6-4af1-a661-c954b310e4f3">Re: Wedding Bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!  I can't wait to see pics.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    imageimage
  • Options
    awww thats great yayy deff show us some pics :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I will try to get some pics of mine tonight.
    Zims- all you see is diamonds. If its done well, it looks great.
    And, btw I think if you were given a ring with huge sentimental value, you would get over the mixing of the golds. 
    Also, this ring is so unique and no one else will ever have this ring or one like it. 

Honestly, at first, I was skeptical about it because I was snobby and wanted all white, but I grew up and got over it. I figured, if it made me cry, then it must be the one. Here again, with FI's aunt dying it's the only thing we will have left of her for the rest of our lives.
    I intend to pass this ring down through the decades.
    Sentimental value trumps color.

First Look
  • Options
    DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    That's amazing - I can't wait to see pictures, either!  I can't blame you for getting sappy, even if there was no sentimental value; I think that makes it all the better, though :)
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-bands-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c92756f5-6b52-4988-8409-b7c796f5942fPost:6c60abe3-117f-4bd3-af28-7256f9dad3a7">Re: Wedding Bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will try to get some pics of mine tonight. Zims- all you see is diamonds. If its done well, it looks great. And, btw I think if you were given a ring with huge sentimental value, you would get over the mixing of the golds.  Also, this ring is so unique and no one else will ever have this ring or one like it.  Honestly, at first, I was skeptical about it because I was snobby and wanted all white, but I grew up and got over it. I figured, if it made me cry, then it must be the one. Here again, with FI's aunt dying it's the only thing we will have left of her for the rest of our lives. I intend to pass this ring down through the decades. Sentimental value trumps color.
    Posted by peachykeen26[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I just wanted to say that if you did want it white, they can turn any yellow gold into white. (White gold is just plated yellow gold.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_wedding-bands-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:c92756f5-6b52-4988-8409-b7c796f5942fPost:dfc00cf6-27cf-410d-87b1-9f2272a2db76">Re: Wedding Bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Bands : I totally agree. I just wanted to say that if you did want it white, they can turn any yellow gold into white. (White gold is just plated yellow gold.)
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly!</div>

First Look
  • Options
    Sorry if that was snarky I didn't mean it to be. I'm very matchy and color coordinated. Also not a fan of yellow gold so that was just my opinion
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards