Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

slideshow

So I have started (slowly) to put together our slideshow. I have more pictures than anyone I know, and I have no idea how many pages to limit the slideshow to. Help. I have been able to fit about 6-9 pics per page and plan to seperate it into 3 parts: me, him, us.  What have you ladies done or have planned? Thanks!!

Re: slideshow

• Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im planning on starting this as well, I am overwhelmed with pictures and have a hard time saying no to pictures...yikes. Ive seen slideshows at wedding beofre and they just did picture after picture  split three ways bride, groom, them together and I would say one of them was a whole song for each and then another was one song for bride and groom than one song for them together. The one with 3 songs seemed a little long but the one with 2 songs didnt seem to bad. Im sure it all depends on what song you pick too, maybe something short if you wanted to a different song for all three parts.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think that 6-9 pics on a slide is WAY too much. Especially since its a slideshow, people won't have time to see every pic on each page, and it will be overwhelming. I wouldn't put more than 3 (at the most). I recommend having a friend look through the pics that you have so far and choose the best ones. Sometimes since they will have less of a sentimental attachment to the photos, they'll be able to help you pick the best ones. That's what we did and it worked out great! Our slideshow was a huge hit :-).
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bimbi284  THIS IS A GREAT IDEA....I recommend having a friend look through the pics that you have so far and choose the best ones. Sometimes since they will have less of a sentimental attachment to the photos, they'll be able to help you pick the best ones.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd say limit it to two songs.  OR three shorter songs...So about 6-7 minutes I think is as long as you'll be able to keep the attention of your guests without them being like...is it over???? haha 

I think it will be challenging to select the photos but I think you should only have 1-2 pictures on each slide - they won't see them all anyway with that much.  Just my opinion!  Good luck!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Some friends of mine had a slideshow and it was sweet for a while. Okay, getting a little long but nice. Wow, is this really still going. Is it nap time yet?

I had originally thought about doing one, but theirs talked me out of it completely. I think it may be better suited as something that you have looping repeatedly off in a corner somewhere so that if people want to watch it they can, if they don't they don't have to. Best of both worlds.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Bimbi 100%
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I will more than likely get the pages down to 3-4 pictures.  I plan on using 3 songs (not entire) fading into each other. It will be during dinner, so it's not like it will be taking away from anything. I'll probably make a book (Creative Memories) out of the pages, since that is the software that I am using to create the ss, and have that out by the pictures in case anyone cares to take another look.  I love seeing ss at people's weddings :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards