Delaware

wedding favors

hey ladies,

what is everyone doing for their favors? we are deff. doing candy but i havnt decided on whether or not to put it in boxes or the little bags.

just want to compare notes.....

Re: wedding favors

• edited December 2011
    I think I'm doing wrapped rock candy in my colors with a little note attached that says, "Thanks for joining in our day.  You rock!" or something similarly cheesy.  I don't want to spend too much on favors because they're not really necessary.  I just want something cute on each plate at the beginning of the reception.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a candy buffet and a donation.

The candy buffet was an add on after my parents and us went to a tasting at our hall and they saw one set up.  After hearing what it was, they were totally on board- I haven't stopped hearing about what kind of candy they want.  And we are doing it really cheap too; we have gotten all containers from consignment shops, Goodwill, or from other brides getting rid of their wedding stuff.  We aren't doing color coordinated candy, which enables us to get it from Costco/BJ's/Sam's Club and from Amish Store (where it's sooo cheap).

The donation was our initial favor; we are doing one to Bugles Across America, which provides a live bugler to play TAPS at a veteran's funeral.  Both our grandfathers were in the military (WWII), and neither had TAPS played because our grandmothers didn't want a recording.  So we decided to do something meaningful for a favor; we are going to design and get our donation cards off of Vistaprint for free (I get the emails), and put one on each place setting.
  • edited December 2011

We are doing little containers of Johnson's Popcorn from the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk.  I'm originally from south Jersey, and we wanted something edible to give, and Johnson's does little plastic 2 or 2.5 ounce containers of their caramel popcorn.

FI didn't know what it was at first because he's from NY, but I bought him some and he scarfed it down in just a few days :)  YUMMY!

• edited December 2011
    We are doing chocolate dipped fortune cookies with love quotes in them instead of fortunes, wrapped in clear bags with silver swirley designs on the bags, tied with thin pink and black ribbon :)
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're not doing something specifically set out as a favor, but as it turns out, there will be "things" for our guests.

We're doing cupcake centerpieces at each table (and only getting a very small cake for ceremonial purposes) which will be boxed, so there is the option of taking that home.  Also, we will be giving out rally towels to be waved upon our entrance to the reception.  This is more for me than for the guests ;)  I'm a huge Phillies fan and love the way all those towels waving look.  So they'll have those to keep as well, but I won't be offended if people leave them behind because they were only meant for that one purpose, but it's a nice keepsake for those that would like them.  Finally, there's a good chance we'll be doing a photo booth, but that's still not 100%.  Guests would be able to take a photo strip home as well if they like.

So in the end guests won't be going home empty handed, but we're not setting out to do anything specifically as "favors".

• edited December 2011
    for our wedding we had boxes that said "sweet bliss begins with a hug a promise and a kiss"  and had hershey hugs and kisses and dove promises.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks, we arnt doing much (because we are both poor hahah) so i know that i want to give the guests some candy or something, i just wasnt sure if i would like to do a box with ribbon or a little bag or something of that nature
  • edited December 2011
    Page Mrs.Lura to find out about hers; she did Hershey Kisses in these adorable boxes that coordinated with her theme.  She might be able to point you to where she got them.  I know Mrs.Jax did candy (I believe jordan almonds) in the tulle bags, page her for more info.

You can also get the tulle circles from the craft stores, tie the tulle up around the candy, and attach tags of your own to them.  You can make tags for free (pay for shipping) on vistaprint (do the business cards and cut them in half).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards