Pre-wedding Parties

Shower Gifts

This is my first time posting here, but I'm a long time lurker!  My question has to do with my bridal shower, which was yesterday.  First of all I had an awesome shower, I loved every second of it!  It was a little overwhelming opening gifts, I am a little on the shy side so I was nervous with all the attention.  Before I started opening my gifts I made a quick thank you speech to everybody for coming (my MOH recommended because sometimes people leave early).  As I was opening gifts I was excited to see each gift and acknowledged each guest as I opened their card.  After opening all the gifts I thanked everybody at the end and thanked people as they left.  After the shower I told my mom I was nervous opening the gifts and asked her if she could tell that I was happy and appreciative.  She said yes, but I should have thanked each person immediately after opening their gift.   Now I feel terrible and really hope people weren't thinking I was unappreciative.  I am also planning to send very personal thank you notes to everybody of course.  Am I worrying too much about this? 

Re: Shower Gifts

• edited December 2011
    Your mom is probably the only one who noticed this. You were gracious in thanking everyone for attending your shower and again as they left.
    As long as you send out timely thank you notes, the guests will know that you appreciated their gifts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards