Texas-Houston

Marriage License advice

So for the marriage license my FI and I took a Twogether Texas class that is suppose to waive the 3 day waiting period.  Well my FI is in Florida until the Wednesday before the wedding--our wedding is 11/6 or two weeks from today.  He comes in at 12 ish on Wednesday.  Do you think it is possible that we can get our license that day or can we wait until Thursday morning?  I am just worried about the "at least 72 hours"  Does that mean 72 hours of a business day being Wednesday or 72 hours in general meaning we could go Saturday?  If not possible at all I need him to fill it out and get it notarized and then I go pick it up by myself since he isn't here to help me. 

Just so confused. 

Re: Marriage License advice

• ib4eplzib4eplz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also since that class does that mean if necessary we can pick it up Friday?

Or when we apply do we have to come back and pick it up?

Just making sure I am doing this all right.  I can always call the county clerk's office to officially confirm too.  Thanks for the help!!!
  • edited December 2011
    My DH couldn't make it to Texas to apply within the 30 day window, so I just had him fill out the application form from online, got it notarized, and provided a copy of his passport and I was issued the marriage license that same day. The entire transaction took maybe 30 minutes at most. I went to the branch on Chimney Rock. Not sure if different branches have different timelines, but it might be worth the check. The Chimney Rock one issued the license same day and I went in on a Wednesday afternoon and had no wait.
  • STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I would contact the county clerks office to answer your questions.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    With the Twogether completion, you can show up the morning of your wedding and get your license. I would not suggest doing this, but you can get it whenever because the 3 day waiting period is waived. My friend is a mentor for the program and explained this to me when I took the course.

My wedding isnt until Dec. 17th, so I dont know from personal experience, but that is what she told me.

I suggest calling, but what is above is what I understand about the program.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards