Destination Weddings Discussions

Pro Pics...VENT

We got them in the mail yesterday and I'm beyond disappointed.  I think only a few are "acceptable" and the rest I don't like at all.  I don't know what to do!!  I thought we were getting an amazing photog, especially after looking at their website and seeing the wonderful pics that they have posted.  What we got, by no stretch of the imagination is no more than amateur.  My friend took better pictures than she did!  I honestly don't even know what else to day.  DH is being so nice and trying to make me feel better...he even said that when we go back we can have a reshoot, I <3 him sooo much.  Well ladies, shots on me for reading...and thanks for letting me vent. Cry

Re: Pro Pics...VENT

• Aww, I hate that for you so much! Is it just the editing? Maybe you can tell them that you want them re-edited! I'm sure you look absolutelu gorgeous in them (how could you not? ;) ) though! I'm all about kicking butt though, so let me know if you need anything! ::hugs!::
  • I agree with Maura, it's all in the editing...I'd let them know you are dissapointed, and see if they can re-edit them.  I bet you look amazing!  But I would be bummed too if my pics didn't turn out the way I thought they would :(  I hope you can figure something out! xoxo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks Maura~you're so sweet!!!  I don't know what it is with them, the editing or the lack there of.  I mean, I trusted her as the professional, you know.  I'm definitley going to contact them and express my concerns and also tell my planner the same thing.  We'll see.
  • That really sucks.... I really don't have any words for how  sorry I am.  I can't imagine it.  I hope it's something that can fixed in editing...  I'm sorry, ::hugs::
    My Bio
    Our Wedding Day 8/7/10
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • *hugs*  that sucks so much.  I'm sorry about your pics.  :(   hopefully its the editing and she can redo them and see what happens. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh no, I'm so sorry!! That was one of my biggest fears, that I would hate our photos. I hope the other girls are right about the editing, and how sweet of DH to offer to get them redone next trip. I know that's not the same though :(   Can we see them?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh I am so sorry!  HUGS!!! You hubby is awefully sweet, sounds like a great guy!    Have you talked to the photographer at all about your disappointment in her work?  Maybe she is equally disappointed and could give you some money back or something. 
  • DEFINITELY see if there is anything that they can do to edit/re-edit - you deserve that at the very least.  If you are unhappy with them for a good reason (ie: they are truly poor quality pictures not just an issue of the photographer taking them in a style you don't care for) then they should work with you to refund some of your money or something.
    I'm so sorry you're not happy with them!!  I hope it all works out and they are able to re-work them to match the vision you had!!!
    *hugs*
  • Awww, I'm sorry to hear that.  I would definitely contact them and let them know you are disappointed.  Is there one thing that seems to be common in all the shots?  It could be editing or lack thereof.  :::Hugs:::
  • That sucks, I am so sorry.  Who did you use?
  • Thanks ladies, you are all so sweet!!!  So here's an update:

I contacted them and expressed my concerns and she told me to send pictures of what my friend took...I'm not so sure how to respond to that.  Just because I mentioned that I felt like my friend took better pics doesn't take away from the fact that your final product was not what I expected.  Do you think I should send her some of the pics that my friend took?  So confused and upset right now Yell.

Denise - We used Blue Glass Photography.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_pro-picsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:44bcb3cb-291e-4361-a3fa-f5086defffa5Post:902eddee-5b98-42d9-bc43-ff33ce823d4b">Re: Pro Pics...VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies, you are all so sweet!!!  So here's an update: I contacted them and expressed my concerns and she told me to send pictures of what my friend took...I'm not so sure how to respond to that.  Just because I mentioned that I felt like my friend took better pics doesn't take away from the fact that your final product was not what I expected.  Do you think I should send her some of the pics that my friend took?  So confused and upset right now . Denise - We used Blue Glass Photography.
    Posted by iberrios19[/QUOTE]

Personally, I would NOT send her the photos your friend took. The bottom line is that you hired her for professional photos and if you are dissatisfied, she should do something about it. Did she say why she wanted the photos your friend took? Without a good reason that I can't imagine, that seems fishy to me. How frustrating!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_pro-picsvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:54Discussion:44bcb3cb-291e-4361-a3fa-f5086defffa5Post:902eddee-5b98-42d9-bc43-ff33ce823d4b">Re: Pro Pics...VENT</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies, you are all so sweet!!!  So here's an update: I contacted them and expressed my concerns and she told me to send pictures of what my friend took...I'm not so sure how to respond to that.  Just because I mentioned that I felt like my friend took better pics doesn't take away from the fact that your final product was not what I expected.  Do you think I should send her some of the pics that my friend took?  So confused and upset right now . Denise - We used Blue Glass Photography.
    Posted by iberrios19[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ughh I'm so sorry Isalen.  Thats just a crappy situation all around.  I personally would not send your friends photos to them.  They should try and remedy the situation with the photos that they took and not others.  They have no business with your friends photos, really.</div><div>
    </div><div>Hopefully they will work to re-edit them.  If not, do you have the files for the photos that they took?  My DH is a graphic designer.  Doesn't work a whole lot with photos like this, but he would probably take a go at editing some of them with photoshop if you wanted. 

</div>
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • I have not heard of them and I agree with PP post and would not send the photos your friend took either.  I am so sorry this happened to you.
  • I have not heard of them and I agree with PP post and would not send the photos your friend took either.  I am so sorry this happened to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards